FJ60 Antenna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone take a picture(and post it here)of the Antenna on a FJ60 down as far as it will go?

I have a Cover for the FJ60, but don't want to cut a hole in it if the antenna goes down pretty flush with the body.

Thanks!

i'm sure you know this but the antenna boot sits on top of the fender and the top part of the antenna ball sits on that so its about 3/4 of an inch above the fender. the only reason speak is b/c i had my fender off 2 times tonight....

found one shot
P1010019999.jpg

found one shot

Okay, thanks, but what's the farthest down it will go?

I imagine it should go down to almost flush with the fender where only a small part of it will protrude from the fender.

i'm sure you know this but the antenna boot sits on top of the fender and the top part of the antenna ball sits on that so its about 3/4 of an inch above the fender. the only reason speak is b/c i had my fender off 2 times tonight....

Okay, I got you...I guess I'll have to lube it up some more and get it to go down carefully.

If you can get it all the way down you shouldn't have to cut a hole in your cover. If you convert to the FJ62 power antenna, then you can raise and lower it from inside.

Convert to the FJ62 power antenna

If you convert to the FJ62 power antenna, then you can raise and lower it from inside.

How many people have done this? Sounds like a good idea.

I've done it. The FJ60 had an auto antenna option, but the motor/antenna has been superceded by the FJ62 part number. You will need the FJ60 specific up/down switch if you want it in the OEM location. At least on my 1985, the wiring harness was already there. Purchasing all this stuff new, though, is not an inexpensive endeavor. You might be able to source the FJ62 antenna used. Finding a used FJ60 switch will probably be more difficult.

If you can get it all the way down you shouldn't have to cut a hole in your cover. If you convert to the FJ62 power antenna, then you can raise and lower it from inside.

Right, that's why I want to get my Antenna all the way down, it's just giving me trouble.

I'm gonna spray some PB blaster on it and let it soak in because right now it only goes halfway down.

Thanks

the one that came on mine is a one piece that scres onto the base. Thought it was stock, so i don't think it goes down. If you have the same one, oyu could unscrew it when you put the cover on, and no need for a hole.

I have one of those rubber antennas that work great, basically is indestructible.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom