Fj60 vacuum woes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everybody....I'm trying to clean up my boss's 85' FJ60 with the 2F motor in it. There is a vacuum leak somewhere so we did a new carb and new gaskets and new intake and exhaust manifold gaskets. we also want to clean up there emissions vacuum lines. Which of that can we pull off and still have the vehicle run? Do we need to just leave the vacuum advance or is there more to it than that? Any info is really appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

- doug

X2 Da Animal That Is The Only Way To Do It Right.

FSM?

is that a tech manual? If it is, he has one already. It help in identifying the EGR and all that sort of stuff, but it didn't tell us how to properly rip everything out and still have the motor run well. thanks though...

didn't tell us how to properly rip everything out and still have the motor run well.

You're not going to find this in any manual. The manual will give you a better understanding of the different emissions systems for maintenance and/or troubleshooting. Where are you located? Are you required smog tests? If not, look here:

http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/smog/72706FJ60desmog.jpg

Compare this image to the one in the FSM and it should get you started off on the right foot.

HTH-

is that a tech manual?

It is a Factory Service Manual.

it didn't tell us how to properly rip everything out and still have the motor run well. thanks though...

You're not going to find this in any manual. The manual will give you a better understanding of the different emissions systems for maintenance and/or troubleshooting.

It is much easier to fix the smog system then rip them out. It is intimidating to look at but with a FSM it's not that bad.

This is the diagram that is often very hard to read on the passenger side fender well. I have found it helpful.

350-35-big.jpg

You may also consider replacing all the vacuum line. It's actually almost fun.

Yeah it actually shows some hoses that the factory emissions manual does not.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom