Best CB Radio? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Anyone heard or bought from Radioactive Radios .com out of Arizona? Seem
to be into selling/modifying some powerful CB's

The best radio really depends on the best antenna installation (tune/ground plane/etc). A good install can make just about any cheap radio sound good!

Come back rubber duck, copy? ten 4 good buddy.

rubber duck rubber duck, 10-4, ok

Workin' on the post count I see...great information!

I've had a Uniden 520XL in my Cruiser for years. It's worked well with a Wilson Flex 4 on the ARB bumper.
A while ago I bought a really nice older Uniden full size unit with SSB, but never got around to mounting it (it's BIG). I'm going to try it in my new truck, but the interest is gone - I know it's still going to suck compared to the ham radio!

Ham radio is really the way to go, and I'm going to keep pestering the guys in my club to make the move. It's worth it.

I'm running a Cobra 29 LTD Night Stalker and it's a good rig. Its the uk radio and has 40 uk and 40 eu channels. If you're cruiser has a green dash light then cobras will fit nicely in with it as they have a green dimmer. But no scan, which is a shame. But I do like the very positive knobs.

silly people.....the best is the Toyota :D
111024876.jpg

x2 you also get the cool factor :)

I like my Uniden 510 a lot. It's been in several vehicles.

This is the hottest CB radio on the market right now. It’s the Cobra GTL 200 DX. It’s marketed and sold as a 10 meter amateur radio but it’s really a 100 watt CB. Its just a loop hole to get around the FCC rules regarding a radio having a 4 watt output. There is a simple modification you do to program the radio for the CB band. Its even has a CB Channel display in addition to the freq. Display. They sell on ebay for 215 dollars. It’s gonna be tough putting one in an FJ40. I recommend the using the aftermarket shelf tray or if you run a roll cage to simply weld a steel plate across the cage to have an overhead mount for your radio among other things. If you own a modified radio , never ever use any freq. above 27.999. The amatuer radio band begins at 28mz so please stay away from the 10 meter ham band if you do not have a license.

08_1.JPG

So is it legal ? I thought CB was maxed out at 4 watts?

Please help me

Why would anyone want to invest money on a CB?? really. You can talk like a mile right? There is lots of interference right? When I have listened to CB all I hear is lots of ignorant drunken fools BS'ing about some ho down the street or some jackass with some kind of sound effect machine. Many are proud that they run illegal power... I hate the no code tech license.

But when you see the light you'll be a drunken appliance operator and a fool on 2 M

CB is a waste of Air.

Get off it.

10 4 good buddy?

Last edited:
Why would I or anyone care about a post count? Might I win a free rubber duck antenna for my chicken band radio?

Guess my fun meter's broke...

Why would anyone want to invest money on a CB?? really. You can talk like a mile right? There is lots of interference right? When I have listened to CB all I hear is lots of ignorant drunken fools BS'ing about some ho down the street or some jackass with some kind of sound effect machine. Many are proud that they run illegal power... I hate the no code tech license.

But when you see the light you'll be a drunken appliance operator and a fool on 2 M

CB is a waste of Air.

Get off it.

10 4 good buddy?

Now you're making some sense...I agree with you for the most part...I think it still has it's place for traveling with family members, monitoring traffic, close in communications, etc.

I would like to learn code. I think that this is the real root of the hobby. I was watching David Letterman (or Jay Leno..can't remember), two guys were given a written document to transmit...one by text message and the other by code. The guys doing the morse code absolutely smoked the txt message guys of course.

No code required-

TYhe FCC test is very simple, study a little and you'll make it. Not sayin you'll know what the screw your doing but heck, test on.

Now you're making some sense...I agree with you for the most part...I think it still has it's place for traveling with family members, monitoring traffic, close in communications, etc.

I would like to learn code. I think that this is the real root of the hobby. I was watching David Letterman (or Jay Leno..can't remember), two guys were given a written document to transmit...one by text message and the other by code. The guys doing the morse code absolutely smoked the txt message guys of course.

A CB radio is very useful when traveling cross country to keep abreast of situations ahead. I have the new Cobra that has everything in the mic,paired to a Wilson magnet mount. I mainly monitored CH 19 on I-80 heading to California and the truckers can give you a heads up.

Yep! all limited to 4W. (if you want to stay legal...) :ban:
Differences are price, options and size. I like the Midland 75 https://goo.gl/1aymbJ handheld. Small, 40 channels, NOAA weather stations, noise limiter and squelch.
In the car, connected to roof antenna adapter, power with cigarette plug. A good and standard audio adapter for car speakers would be good :mad:
Out of the car, in the pocket powered by 6 AA batteries :clap:

Anyone heard or bought from Radioactive Radios .com out of Arizona? Seem
to be into selling/modifying some powerful CB's
DON'T! Check him out on some radio forums, a real hack job. Beware

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom