OBDII- Does It Measure Transmission Fluid Temp? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does OBDII measure the automatic transmission's temperature?

If so, what brand(s) of scan tool or scan software are capable of reading this data stream?

I have been towing trailers as of late, and it has piqued my curiosity as to what my temps are. I enjoy having accurate data to monitor mechanical systems while I'm operating them, but I don't have any for the transmission temp and it seems that the ECM would be a logical source if I want accurate information without the difficulty of adding and properly locating an aftermarket sensor and gauge.

I heard that Scangauge II will update their software to monitor AT temps, also can upgrade old units.

FWIW, My snap on scanner with toyota specific software does not seem to have trans temp. I really wish it did. If there is something out there that will I'll probably get it. Obviously its dependent on if the vehicle has that sensor or not.

I heard that Scangauge II will update their software to monitor AT temps, also can upgrade old units.

The latest version of Scangauge is suppose to monitor AT temps, I don't know if it is complete yet, last I heard there had a minor bug to fix.

The latest version of Scangauge is suppose to monitor AT temps, I don't know if it is complete yet, last I heard there had a minor bug to fix.

My Scangauge II is in the mail but my question is:

Will it show engine oil pressure ?
:beer:

No oil pressure on mine

From Scangauge:

Display 4 gauges at a time from the 12 built-in digital gauges. the information is presented in Real-time!
Fuel Economy
Fuel Rate
Battery Voltage
Coolant Temperature
Intake Air Temperature
Engine Speed (RPM)
Vehicle speed (MPH)
Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)
Engine Load
Throttle Position
Ignition Timing
Open/Closed Loop

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom