fj60/62 rear bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
here is a design I came up with for 60/62 fans - must crop rear quarters to fit this one - can make to fit stock as well !!
rear bumper.jpg
car domain pics.jpg
quarter gaurd pic.jpg

BEAUTIFUL! I want something EXACTLY like this but with a gas can carrier rather than tire carrier:) BEAUTIFUL!!!!

reply to SS Storm

BEAUTIFUL! I want something EXACTLY like this but with a gas can carrier rather than tire carrier:) BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I have been designing the dual swing out with tire/hi-lift/cans carrier all in one !! but I could take the tire portion out all together,
what ever the customer wants :grinpimp:

It looks like the quarter panel wings are welded on. Does the bumper come off at all or is it welded in place.

Looks awesome, ive got a couple sticks of 1.75 dom waiting in the wings, i think ill take some of your ideas.

reply to agent orange

It looks like the quarter panel wings are welded on. Does the bumper come off at all or is it welded in place.

Looks awesome, ive got a couple sticks of 1.75 dom waiting in the wings, i think ill take some of your ideas.

it is a fully removable bumper ! the wings are bolted on in their own location. thanks

Do you have an idea what that weighs? How far up the frame is it attached?

reply to Hank

Do you have an idea what that weighs? How far up the frame is it attached?

I have'nt weighed it yet so no I don't know, sorry. It is kind of heavy all together but still does'nt sag the rear down much even with a coil suspension and a 37" tire !! It attaches right at the rear and then again in front of the rear body mount location, 8 grade 8 bolts per side.

I thought it's perfect .. without the tire carrier .. a huge tire give minimun visibility through the rear tail gate window

I thought it's perfect .. without the tire carrier .. a huge tire give minimun visibility through the rear tail gate window

Yeah, but when you need that spare and don't have it? F@#$%*!!
I messed around with the height before final mounting position and its not as bad as it would seem, just enough.

awesome cruiser by the way!!!!!

I have'nt weighed it yet so no I don't know, sorry. It is kind of heavy all together but still does'nt sag the rear down much even with a coil suspension and a 37" tire !! It attaches right at the rear and then again in front of the rear body mount location, 8 grade 8 bolts per side.

Sounds stout. I see all to many just bolted right in the back. I like the rig and what I can see of the fab work. What made you start with a 60?

Yeah, but when you need that spare and don't have it? F@#$%*!!
I messed around with the height before final mounting position and its not as bad as it would seem, just enough.

awesome cruiser by the way!!!!!

Thanks dude ..

I always carry my spare tire .. no matter what I try to place it as low as posible in my rear bumper, and sure I have half rear vision mut much anycase .. I thought when go with 39" less vision .. nothing to do.

Sorry came around so late in the game but how much would it cost to make one for a stock rig with the quarter panels? BTW, looks extremely cooool!

What about making one for a tacoma :p I can provide measurements if you were interested

Ron,

What's the pivot made from? I need to get my 60 over to your shop so we can talk...

Bman Reply

Ron,

What's the pivot made from? I need to get my 60 over to your shop so we can talk...

i CHANGED THE DESIGN OF THE PIVOT TO USING A 1 3/4" TRAILER SPINDLE. IT INCORPORATES DUAL BEARINGS AND IS STRONGER THAN S@#T !! ALSO IS REMOVABLE WHEN NOT NEEDED. SORRY I HAVE'NT CHECKED MY THREADS IN A WHILE!! HIT ME ON A PM SO I CAN GIVE YOU MORE INFO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom