Grab Assist Installation (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2mbb

SILVER Star
Threads
**Thanks to Cruiserdan for the grab handles**

I'm going on a trip with some friends in my truck and his wife is petite so I installed the A-pillar and B-pillar grab assist handles on my FJ-60 this morning. The B-pillars already has the threaded holes in the pillar so that was a snap using a 6mm x 30mm pan head machine screw. The A-pillar handles are from an FJ-62. I drilled the pillar and installed 1/4" x 20tpi nut rivets.
grab assist.jpg
grab assist a pillar rivets.jpg
nut rivet.jpg

Last edited:
B Pillar Handles -- SWEET!!

I've been looking for a good off the shelf solution to this problem for a while now.

You wouldn't happen to have a Toyota part number for those B pillar handles would you?

Thanks,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

B Pillar Handles -- SWEET!!

I've been looking for a good off the shelf solution to this problem for a while now.

You wouldn't happen to have a Toyota part number for those B pillar handles would you?

Thanks,
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

This is the part number for the B pillar handle. You will also need two 6mm screw about 30mm long. Toyota sells the screw, too (separately) but I didn't know when I purchased them whether I would have the threaded holes. You can feel the lower hole. The upper hole is harder to find unless you have the handle to help locate where it should be.

(2 each) 74620-90A00-18 Grip Sub-Assy, Rear door Assist

I count places for no less than five hands in the front passenger seat, and three in the rear. Do your friends have more limbs than the generic human? :lol:

Nice job, looks very clean. Now if I could just keep the TUT-like images out of my head. :grinpimp:

Nice !!!

What is the part number for the A-pilars... I got the handles for the B pilars, bought them a while back but have not had the time/will to install them..
Thanks for the post and pics...looks good..!!

Nice !!!

What is the part number for the A-pilars... I got the handles for the B pilars, bought them a while back but have not had the time/will to install them..
Thanks for the post and pics...looks good..!!

A-pillar handle is 74610-90K00-A0. There are also plugs to cover the screws (two per handle). I forgot to order those from Cruiserdan, so I'm waiting on my local dealer to get them in. The part number for the plug is 74617-16010-A3

If you've got the threaded holes, but B-pillar installation is really quick--find the hole, slice the headliner and attach.

Last edited:
This is the part number for the B pillar handle. You will also need two 6mm screw about 30mm long. Toyota sells the screw, too (separately) but I didn't know when I purchased them whether I would have the threaded holes. You can feel the lower hole. The upper hole is harder to find unless you have the handle to help locate where it should be.

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.... thank you! :D

:cheers:
-dogboy- '87 FJ60

Cool thread.

FYI many 62's (don't know about 6for grab handles.0's) have captive nuts in all of those spots.

Just stumbled across this thread.

Passenger grab bars:

74670-90A01-03 (Gray)
74670-90A01-06 (Tan)
94180-40800 (Nuts: Needs two)

Mot :)

This is the part number for the B pillar handle. You will also need two 6mm screw about 30mm long.

Anybody have the part number for the plugs that cover the mounting screws on these rear grips?

Got the handles installed (best cheap & quick mod yet) and would like to hide those unsightly screw heads.....

Thanks,

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

There are not plugs shown for the B-pillar handles...don't know why...

Ahhhh, most interesting Grasshopper....... you have part diagram too - hmmmm, most interesting again....

Curious to know where you found the diagram? That's cool! :cool:

So no plugs huh? That's very un-Toyota like....... :confused:

-db-

Gawddammit, yet another upgrade I need to buy for my Cruiser!!!

A must have for the wife and kids. I'm sure she'll understand.

Matt

Gawddammit, yet another upgrade I need to buy for my Cruiser!!!

A must have for the wife and kids. I'm sure she'll understand.

Matt

It never ends...... never ends..... :D

-db-

my canadian BJ60 has those B pillar handles. That's surprising that the Mercan FJ's didn't have them.

It's interesting how toyota has threaded holes into just about everything on these trucks for each market.

I went to the wreaking yard and got one of the upper handles for the drivers side. Felt around and the holes were there. Cool.

Oh yah the B pillars have no covers over the screws.

A-pillar handle is 94610-90K00-A0. There are also plugs to cover the screws (two per handle). I forgot to order those from Cruiserdan, so I'm waiting on my local dealer to get them in. The part number for the plug is 74617-16010-A3

Correction: Part no for A-pillar handle starts with 74610, not 9....
Got mine today, thanks for the info guys. :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom