Builds FJ 45 Extended Cab Custom Vehicle Build Finally Begins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
I have been accumulating parts for quite awhile now and I have the majority of them in the shop.

My project is Bobbing a 1974 FJ 40 to make a FJ 45 Extended Cab.

I started with a 1986 FJ 60 frame and using the power train out of a 1984 FJ60. It will be SOA using FJ 60 axle assemblies when done. Disregard the 44 that is mounted under it. It is just to roll it around.

For mock up I'm using a spare body so I do not destroy the Bobbed 40 cab.

The bottom pic is 2 years later with the Rig 95% done.

This is a long thread showing my mistakes and obsticals I ran up against.

:cheers:
PICT0068.JPG
PICT0069.JPG
DSCF7508.JPG

Last edited:
Cool project. I will be watching this build.

A guy in Fresno did most all of the body work. He goes by BBrian her on MUD.

OrangeFJ45 stored the cab for me for awhile until it finally made it home in my shop. Thanks G!
DSCF1156.jpg
DSCF1157.jpg

Last edited:
SWEET!!!!

Pretty soon, there are going to be mongrels everywhere :D

I would have started by gutting that 60 frame. I kinda doubt that the body mounts will fit lol

;)

You going to do an interior cage?? (since you have so much more room there ;) )

you could use the cage mounts to mount the body to the frame..

You going to do an interior cage?? (since you have so much more room there ;) )

you could use the cage mounts to mount the body to the frame..

I have already spoken to Don at FC Fabrication. He knows the Cab since G stored it for me there. That is exactly what the plan is though.

I'm going to tack everything for the mock up and then let him cut off and fab as he needs to for the cage.

Looking good Dan! You have alot of stuff in your shop....

yup, reality definetly set in and i'm glad that the x-cab project ended up in good hands. since i already have my "never to be finsihed project isabel" and my troopie, the x-cab had to find a happy home. and it did. :beer:

really looking forward to watching the progress on this build. i guess i won't have to drive down to your place since it'll be back up at our shop sometime soon.

very cool dan!!!!! :cool:

since i already have my "never to be finsihed project isabel" and my troopie, the x-cab had to find a happy home. and it did. :beer:

Your Isabel and Bob belong together ;)

thats a cool lookin cab cant wait to see this one done :cheers:

What are you using for a bed??

You kicked your wife's J**p out of the shop for THAT!;p

x2 on the cage/ body mount idea. I saw where dhondagod took the main stay at the front of the 40 cab and re-made it to double as a cage mount and thot that is a super sweet way to do that. Angled tube with a pedestal. Beats the heck out of the rock catcher channel design.

That extended cab was a MAJOR score. Still shaking my head on why that guy 'got religion' and let that thing go. Anyways, I think I'd leave that exactly as is until Don is done; once the cage is done, you might change your mind about a couple of other things.

I don't remember the part about the V8.:rolleyes:

:cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom