Coal Mine Cruiser Classic (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MJM

Threads
I will be heading to this event from Cleveland in my 60 if anyone else is going from OH post up here.

MJM

Hi,

I don't know of anyone going from there. We are taking a trip to southwest PA the first weekend of june if you want more details check out that thread.

- Jason

I'm going...probably taking the box truck to tow the 60. Plenty of room in the truck if anyone needs something taken to or brought back from CMCC.

Nick

edit: I ask for a resonable donation to the fuel tank if'n you need something moved. I'm not in it to make money just cover some of my costs and help a fellow Cruiserhead save some cash on shipping.

Last edited:
I'm going...probably taking the box truck to tow the 60. Plenty of room in the truck if anyone needs something taken to or brought back from CMCC.

Nick

Gas prices should be at or above $4.00 a gal by then....I think you should start charging for your transport services Nick--all things considered...

;)

Gas prices should be at or above $4.00 a gal by then....I think you should start charging for your transport services Nick--all things considered...

;)

Beno,

I usually ask for a predetermined donation to the fuel tank when I agree to move something for someone. So far I have had no complaints about services rendered... (original post edited to reflect this point)

If fuel is $4 by then (doubt it but you never know...) I'll have to rethink what vehicle I drive out with.

Nick

you are by far the cheapest delivery person I have ever encountered. Will you tow my 40 out to CMCC, I've got 20 bucks for ya ;)

Nope, can't help ya there Marty. The van can't tow a trailer big enough fer the both of our rigs... But I can put all yer gear, food and beer in the van and meet you at the camp ground. :D

Nick

My wife will be in Fla. so I've got the kiddys.

What comp ground will you be staying at?

MJM,

I'm gonna be at the "event camp ground" http://www.echovalleycamp.com

Not too interested in primative camping. I like a warm shower in the morning and after a day on the trail. I've done the hotel thing in the past but you end up missing the after ride visiting with Cruiserheads. Some of these folks I only see at CMCC.

I'm driving up from west of Cincinnati to Akron on I-71 then I-76 to I-80 to I-81. That is unless mapquest shows the route to be SIGNIFICANTLY shorter going across I-70 and the PA Turnpike. Like short enough that the savings in fuel offsets the cost of the Turnpike, which ain't cheap anymore, 'specially when towing.

Nick

Just sent the paypal off to gclc, I shoudl be there, I will need to call echo valley in the morning and reserve a tent site, How early on wednesday are you heading out Jim??
Just noticing on mapquest, is I80 or I76 the better route to take?? is 76 more scenic or does the toll road really make it that much fater (than a 40 on 33" tires)
Dave

Last edited:
Dave,
I'll be heading out there early Weds. or possibly even Tues PM. got some stuff to do over there in PA before the event.

You'll prolly be going across I-80, and I'll be going I-70/76, right?

Well according to mapquest, the I80 route is longer by about 20 miles, but requires no toll, Just didnt know if the 76 route is enough faster to justify the toll.
Dave

Dang, Jim has the faster fingers today!

In my experience heading back and forth to NJ from southern IN driving I-80 is FAR faster than the toll road. You get on I-80, set the cruise for 70 and steer until you hit construction or need fuel. I-76 has several sections with changing speed limits (a LOT of 55mph miles) and construction as well. If the mile difference is only 20 miles then take I-80. Probably get there an 30-45 minutes faster and less stressed to boot (I-76 is a lot rougher and narrower than I-80 IMHO).

Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom