So sayeth the Rukh... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi y'all. I figured I'd introduce myself in here, as this is likely the forum which will see most of my posting and reading.

My name is Josh, I live in Parker, CO. I'm a European car enthusiast in particular, but have been addicted to things with wheels and things with engines since I was a wee young'un. I'm a certified Porsche Nut, and a Diesel enthusiast as well. Some of my current and past vehicles include:

100_0676.jpg

85_928S_4.jpg

22.jpg

DATR06.jpg

Image_09.jpg

I've also had...

-98 Dodge Dakota 5.9 R/T
-96 Chrysler Concorde
-96 Mitsubishi Mirage
-96 Geo Metro
-72 Buick Riviera GS

Here's some of the craziness that goes on at my house:

100_1280_800x600.jpg

100_1014.jpg

The teal Cherokee in the background (known as the "Big Gay Jeep" amongst me and my friends) is another of my DD's, though it actually belongs to my father.

About me: I have two wonderful young kids, a son (8) and a daughter (4). Because of my military service and the resultant disability therefrom, I am also a student - though I am taking a couple semesters off to focus on work. For work I do Audio/Visual, Computer, and Home Theater consulting; in addition to running a retail route three days a week.

Why am I here? Well, my GF and I are going to sell our cars. I'm getting a Volvo 850 Turbo wagon to replace mine, and we're getting a FZJ80 to replace hers. I figured I should bone up on what we are looking for, and get involved with the community before I actually buy one, so I know what I'm doing.

I'm looking for a '95-97 FZJ80 TLC, in good to excellent shape, with leather, 3rd row seating, and lockers. I'd like one in black, white, silver, or blue - most preferably black. My initial budget for this purchase is ~$12,000, plus another 12g for mods as time permits. I'm not in a bind or anything, so I can afford to wait until just the right truck comes along...

Some vehicles that've been inspiring to me:

80-with-everything.jpg

80dayweb1.jpg

94fzj80gv.jpg

1996FZJ80_8868_3.jpg

IMG_2464_JPG.jpg

johnson_lg.jpg

rtl1.jpg

So grab your preferred :beer: and we'll share a :cheers:, go get some :popcorn:, and watch as I go from :confused: to :idea: and end up at
:cool: with the rest of you guys.

Welcome. You should be able to get a very nice rig for the kind of budget you have. Very realistic starting point of $12,000.

You also appear to have a thing for ARB front bumpers. I have one, and I love it.
Yeah, it does look like I have a thing for those ARB bumpers, eh? I think that's likely what I will be getting for the front of my rig, along with a Hannah rear bumper and sliders. I'm thinking I like the Slee 6" lift as well.

Yeah, it does look like I have a thing for those ARB bumpers, eh? I think that's likely what I will be getting for the front of my rig, along with a Hannah rear bumper and sliders. I'm thinking I like the Slee 6" lift as well.

You're definitely on the right track. Just get the truck in the best condition that you can find, and everything else will grow organically.

Welcome to Mud ya Pommie bast&^d!
:cheers:

Thanks for all the kind welcomes.

I'm really digging this truck in particular, but it doesn't look like he has sliders.:confused:

What size lift do y'all suppose that is, and what size tires might those be?

That is slightly outdated. That's Wildyoats truck and it does have sliders. He's got J springs and spacers so roughly 5" of lift. However, I pretty sure he just ordered 4" comp springs to replace his J's.

See more of it here:http://www.wildyoats.com/

LMAO, I guess I am obsessing over one truck in particular - I hope the other ones don't feel jilted. I could've sworn that the rock-crawling one was green. Oh well.

I guess Wildyoats' truck is pretty much what I have in mind for mine. I'll have to get a white one so there's no confusion.;)

Thanks for all the kind welcomes.

I'm really digging this truck in particular, but it doesn't look like he has sliders.:confused:

What size lift do y'all suppose that is, and what size tires might those be?

Welcome. My trick looks almost exactly like that one pictured and I will trade you even steven for the dark car with the pony emblem on the back (what ever it is). ;)

Welcome. My trick looks almost exactly like that one pictured and I will trade you even steven for the dark car with the pony emblem on the back (what ever it is). ;)
The Fiat Mustang? You don't want that thing, it's a POS.

I'm feeling so jilted :flipoff2:

Modify that baby and let's get it on some trails so it's looking a bit more like this:
Spring Creek Rock Garden.JPG

Nice taste in cars.

Welcome. One of the trucks you pictured is actually for sale (unless it's allready sold)...it's landcruiserphil's truck.

welcome:flipoff2:
Love the inspiring pics!

ERG80

The Ferrari belongs to a family friend, who stopped by the house that day. I'm not really into Ferraris, but I took the pic because most of my friends like them. The guy redeemed himself in my eyes though, as a couple months after that he bought a Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, like this one:

xfvpz5.jpg

xfvrmh.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom