Ugh, Stereo problems! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My CD player didnt work, so I got a new head unit in the 1996 80. The speakers were terrible anyway, but I figured I could deal with them for a while.
I put in a new Pioneer head unit and now they sound TERRIBLE!
They keep making a "blown speaker" sort of noise that wont stop, but they arent blown, I guess the wattage of the new head unit is sending these things over the edge.

Anybody else thing the stock speakers are terrible?
I miss my Bose sound system in the Audi, or even the BMW speakers in my old car.

Other than that, you couldnt PAY me to go back to one of them POS's!
I Love my 80!

if you look through the FAQ's you will see how some pple fit eclispe speakers into the doors(they have the shallowest mount) - also circuit city says they fit ( for what it is worth)...The speaker looks as if it was designed exclusively for the fj80...very odd llooking speaker.

and, yes...in my 96 they sound like total garbage as well...I am going to order some 6.5's and 4" speakers - I will swap them out this friday and post on how easy/hard it was...

if you look through the FAQ's you will see how some pple fit eclispe speakers into the doors(they have the shallowest mount) - also circuit city says they fit ( for what it is worth)...The speaker looks as if it was designed exclusively for the fj80...very odd llooking speaker.

and, yes...in my 96 they sound like total garbage as well...I am going to order some 6.5's and 4" speakers - I will swap them out this friday and post on how easy/hard it was...

definetly keep me posted. I hear that the speakers have individual amps for each speaker built into them.. From what I hear it makes it more difficult.

Are you using the amp in the new HU or the stock amp? If you are using the stock amp, are you using the line level outs on the HU or the amp level outs? If you use the amp level outs on the HU to feed the stock amp you will get alot of distortion.

Karl

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom