Need some body work (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pathfinder

I am the STIG
Threads
I have a fj60 where the right rear quater panel needs replacing from where the PO backed into something stronger than my cruiser. I have a replacement quater panel that I purchased of of a used cruiser. in addition to that I would like to get new steel welded in where the typical cruiser rust is coming through on the wheel wells.

Any reccomendations on where / who can do good job of getting the body panels cut in at a decent price?

I am located in the Daytona Beach, FL area but can drive to Orlando and or Jacksonville. Thanks

I posted in the paint and body section however have not heard anything there. Though someone might have an idea. This is a project that I would like to tackel on my own however I fear that all I would end up doing is screwing up a donor panel and be no better off than when i started. Thus why I am looking for a pro.

Here is a shot of the right rear section plus donor panel.

DSC03069.jpg

Last edited:
well, sounds like you might have to just take it to a shop to do the welding, this sort of work is a bit boring to do. so you may not have too many volunteers.
If you have another vehicle to drive you could cut out the bad area on yours, and get everything lined up to weld the new panel in.
Also sometimes there are courses at colleges and stuff about basic body work, that might help ya get the ball rolling.

If you have a mig at home, you can practice welding somesheet metal together till you fell confident enough to try it on your own. Also your local library may have some books on bodywork, so you know more about what exactly you need to do.

Can't help you with finding a guy in Florida, but damn, nice damage! I bet people don't tailgate your truck on the streets.

No tailgaters that for sure! That being said I may just need to break down and buy a mig welder and just try and make it happen. I mean its got to look better than what I currently have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom