opinions on suspention what ta do? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
well a buddy on mine just finished the rebuild on his 80 and stoped by today. hes rocking the slee 6 inch and i have to say im jealous. I want more lift then the 2.5 i have. My question is i dont have the $2700 for the slee kit and not sure i really can afford to go tha big any ways. 6 inch lift means bigger tires, bigger tires means re gear and i dont have that kinda money. My questions is, is it worth going to the j spring lift? I want more lift but i also dont want to go bigger then realize its not much difference. opinions from those that have them please.

mike

Go to the 4" if you want to run 35s. Js are too soft for 80s. 4" you get 35s to fit, and you will be SHOCKED if you go Js and then go to the 4". It is like a sports suspension that flexes....awesome.

In the past I would have said the lift isn't needed unless you needed more room for big tires for rock climbing, or deep river crossings, but with the recent weather reports of U.S. streets getting flooded...

Kalawang

Go to the 4" if you want to run 35s. Js are too soft for 80s. 4" you get 35s to fit, and you will be SHOCKED if you go Js and then go to the 4". It is like a sports suspension that flexes....awesome.

I dont see myself going any bigger then 35s as i use this truck as a daily driver- expedition truck mainly, however after going to moab this past spring break i felt something was to be desired of my 2.5 lift. With all the gear i have and trying to run the trails i was at about stock hight in the rear. The slee 4 inch is alot more moeny then the J setup which is why i ask. i dont mind the suspention being soft but it also has to be safe at 70mph.

What springs do you have now? If they are the heavy springs just add a 1" spacer at each corner and you're at the J height.

Then order Slee's blue caster bushings and swap them in.

I have the 4" lift and it really works very well. But I'm very heavily loaded with all the armor as well.

And if you go to 315s I'd plan on a regear to 4.88s. I'm at sea level and while the truck was driveable it's nothing like it is after the gear swap.

You might also need to do something about tire storage after the 315s as well. On my truck the spare would not go under neath, but I had a tow hitch on also.

What springs do you have now? If they are the heavy springs just add a 1" spacer at each corner and you're at the J height.

Then order Slee's blue caster bushings and swap them in.

I have the 4" lift and it really works very well. But I'm very heavily loaded with all the armor as well.

And if you go to 315s I'd plan on a regear to 4.88s. I'm at sea level and while the truck was driveable it's nothing like it is after the gear swap.

You might also need to do something about tire storage after the 315s as well. On my truck the spare would not go under neath, but I had a tow hitch on also.

Well im already running spacers which is why i figure larger lift would be the next step. Im running the 2.5 heavy but still have a low ride i feel.

Id most likely lift the truck and run the 33s for awhile then do the regear and 35s later down the road, but i do agree a re gear would be a must for the amount of driving I do. Im not too concered about tire storage as i dont keep it under the truck now since it already hangs to low for my taste

Well im already running spacers which is why i figure larger lift would be the next step. Im running the 2.5 heavy but still have a low ride i feel.

Id most likely lift the truck and run the 33s for awhile then do the regear and 35s later down the road, but i do agree a re gear would be a must for the amount of driving I do. Im not too concered about tire storage as i dont keep it under the truck now since it already hangs to low for my taste

Swapping in Js alone will leave you were you are now, swapping them in and using the spacers is, IMO, a half assed 4" lift.

I'd go straight to the 4" Slee lift. You might be able to get away with just the springs and correcting caster but eventually everything should be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom