What would you recommend for a good set of driving lights? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What would you recommend for a good set of driving/off road lights?

I was looking at a set of 9.5” “Light Force” driving lights. Nice lights, expensive though.

What would your recommendations be for a large diameter set of driving lights? I’m looking for something very bright, durable, water/shatter proof and cost effective.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I have the big Lightforce's and they are great . I used to get broken lenses with my old bosch lights and no problem with the light force. You get what you pay for in the lightforce and for me that means not having to replace them every winter due to broken lenses.

OEM Fogs!! :D

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=137085

I've heard the Lightforce are very durable and adaptable with the color lenes you can get for them, but as you found out, they are not inexspensive, but thats going to be the case for any decent light.

I really like the warn lights ..

37609.jpg

I looked at the Lightforce and ended up with Cibie Turinis from Daniel Stern.... plastic body and solid glass lens, fit an ARB well and perform flawlessly. The size is around 9 inches in diameter....about $250 w/100w bulbs. Good luck with your choice.
CIB10-1.jpg

What do you need the lights for? Back road driving, offroad driving, high speed driving, etc? I think that's the first question that should be asked. Then we can start recommending lamp/lens options.

Ary

What do you need the lights for? Back road driving, offroad driving, high speed driving, etc? I think that's the first question that should be asked. Then we can start recommending lamp/lens options.

Ary

Ary has a good point.... I don't think you want to use the Lightforce's as "driving lights". You keep those on, bee boppin' around town, and your likely BLIND someone and get into a head-on. I always thought that the Lightforces were more of an off-road light.

you think you could take some detailed shots for me?

I need to see how the light mount in the houseing? also how deep are they? are they made of metal? your opinions on them?

thanks
mike

Looking to use them mainly for auxiliary lighting for back roads and off road driving. I know with light force you can put on the different lenses which is kind of appealing, plus they seem like they are some of the brightest out there without going to an HID.

Ary

you think you could take some detailed shots for me?

I need to see how the light mount in the houseing? also how deep are they? are they made of metal? your opinions on them?

thanks
mike

I'll snap some closeup shots when I get to the shop later today :)

The housing is plastic, but the lens is real glass (not plexi) and the metal mounts can be adjusted in any direction :cool:

They're IDENTICAL to the Pilot auxiliary lights I had on my Previa:

trainhornfogson2.JPG

However, those were only 55 watts and cost $37 a pair @ VatoZone :doh:

The plastic covers snap in place and can easily be removed, but I like the way they look with them on :)

Not sure what kinda quality you'd expect for $7.99, but it's quite a bargain, especially when a replacement H3/100 watt bulb costs more :grinpimp:

My only gripe is the stupid SRS logo right in the middle of the cover, but it can easily be removed with a razor blade :cool:

the lightforces are too big IMHO... they stick way out in front of the top part of the ARB bumper. i would not getthem again if i were to buy lights...
topofhill.jpg

I'll snap some closeup shots when I get to the shop later today :)

The housing is plastic, but the lens is real glass (not plexi) and the metal mounts can be adjusted in any direction :cool:

They're IDENTICAL to the Pilot auxiliary lights I had on my Previa:

trainhornfogson2.JPG

However, those were only 55 watts and cost $37 a pair @ VatoZone :doh:

The plastic covers snap in place and can easily be removed, but I like the way they look with them on :)

Not sure what kinda quality you'd expect for $7.99, but it's quite a bargain, especially when a replacement H3/100 watt bulb costs more :grinpimp:

My only gripe is the stupid SRS logo right in the middle of the cover, but it can easily be removed with a razor blade :cool:

thanks for all the shotts those help alot, just one more question how deep are they?

thanks again

mikd

the lightforces are too big IMHO... they stick way out in front of the top part of the ARB bumper. i would not getthem again if i were to buy lights...

They do offer a smaller 170 size and I believe they do not stick out like the 240's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom