Running CB coaxial through sunroof? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

teejnut

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm thinking about mounting my CB antenna to the gutter mount. So I'm thinking I can maybe run the coaxial through the sunroof to the interior, but I'm thinking this won't work, huh? Another probable option would be go down the B-pillar and inside then through the door sills and across to the dash.

Let me know if anyone has any other suggestions or what you have done on your 80.

Thanks,
TJ

go under the rain gutter trim on the A pillar, into the engine bay, and into the cabin. That way you're not messing up any door or window seals.

Here's how I set my ham system up:

http://homepage.mac.com/dfmorse/RigProj/page12.html

I use the "B" pillar for coax and power. U can use the sunroof in a temp set up with rain gutter clip antenna; just be aware that closing the the sunroof will damage the rubber gaskets = expensive fix.

The link doesn't work... yeah I will probably stay around from the sunroof...

go under the rain gutter trim on the A pillar, into the engine bay, and into the cabin. That way you're not messing up any door or window seals.

This would leave wire hanging outside, right? Would that be a problem at all? Also, what would be the best way to attach the coaxial on the rain gutter trim? I'm thinking of some type of clip but have no idea exactly what.

This would leave wire hanging outside, right? Would that be a problem at all? Also, what would be the best way to attach the coaxial on the rain gutter trim? I'm thinking of some type of clip but have no idea exactly what.

Here's a link where I got the idea:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=143984&highlight=routing+wires

This isn't the best picture, but it's what I have available to me here. You can see the black on the rain gutter. That is the gutter trim. You can pull it up carefully, it's easier to start it from below. Then at the bottom there is space to run it inside the fender into the engine bay (that shows in the photos on the thread - the attachements at the begining have never opened for me). So, the only place the wire ends up exposed is from the top of the door to the antenna, or lights, or what ever you are putting on the roof. No more wire exposed than running it through the door.

Does that help? Please ignore that I haven't had time to properly dress the wires from the a-pilliar to the light bar.
Atenna.jpg

Here's a link where I got the idea:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=143984&highlight=routing+wires

This isn't the best picture, but it's what I have available to me here. You can see the black on the rain gutter. That is the gutter trim. You can pull it up carefully, it's easier to start it from below. Then at the bottom there is space to run it inside the fender into the engine bay (that shows in the photos on the thread - the attachements at the begining have never opened for me). So, the only place the wire ends up exposed is from the top of the door to the antenna, or lights, or what ever you are putting on the roof. No more wire exposed than running it through the door.

Does that help? Please ignore that I haven't had time to properly dress the wires from the a-pilliar to the light bar.

That helps a lot! Didn't know you can do this, I'll try it out this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom