NICE PICS!!! Punta Bufeo, Gonzaga Bay, CoCo's Corner, San Felipe 4/27-4/30 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
youtube.com
Yet another epic Baja Adventure!!

Looks like we visited a lot of the same places as the group the weekend before did.

Our trip was awesome, but wayyyy too short. This should have been a 4-5 day trek, but we still had a blast and saw TONS of cool stuff!

Rigs:

(2) 80 Series Landcruiser
2nd Gen Toy PU
99 Taco 2wd
Dodge MegaCab Diesal
Jeep TJ

Route:

Day1
-Cross in TJ
-Get Mex 3 In Ensenada
-Fuel In Valle De Trinida
-San Felipe For Fish Tacos and More Fuel
-San Felipe to Puertecitos for La Tienda for Ice and Beer
-Continue South To Gonzaga Bay Enjoying Amazing Views!
-Arrive at Campo Beluga 4pm +/-

Day 2
-Early AM 4x4 Exploration of Punta Bufeo, and Surrounding Areas
-Snorkel near Alphonsinas
-Swim @ Campo Beluga
-Fish @ Campo Beluga
-Catch 2 Large "Trigger Fish" @ Campo Beluga
-Make awesome fish tacos with said fish

Day 3
-Early AM Swim
-Continue South to CocO Corner
-Enjoy the awesome views to Catavina
-Fuel in El Rosario
-Awesome Food in San Quintin
-Scary Ride Through San Vincente Onward in Pitch Black
-Arrive at Border at 11pm
-Cross by 11:30pm, Most Cool!

Total Miles = 825

This should have been spread out over 4-5 days and we knew that starting off, but we were pressed for time and made the best out of it. Everyone had an awesome time, and the couple first timers that came with us are itching to go back! What a gorgeous place!

Here are some pics from various areas:

gonzaga20.jpg

gonzaga2.jpg

gonzaga21.jpg

gonzaga13.jpg

gonzaga8.jpg

gonzaga14.jpg

gonzaga9.jpg

gonzaga15.jpg

gonzaga17.jpg

Nice!
It must be heaven to get away from SoCal freeway aholes esp the 405.

Hey - We still have that Baja trip for Oct 07 in the backburner! :beer:

NICE!!

3X for going w/ you next time.

Was it pretty warm out there? I'm guessing it's going to be in the 90's at Guadalupe Canyon this weekend. Good thing for the Palapa and I will be taking the pop-up canopy.....

Great pics and man that is too many miles in that short of time.

how was the dirt road South of San Felipe, in 80 terms...?

Was it pretty warm out there?

Perfect 75 or so with a decent breeze! :D

I'm guessing it's going to be in the 90's at Guadalupe Canyon this weekend. Good thing for the Palapa and I will be taking the pop-up canopy.....

Yes, it will be quite warm. Which camp are you Staying at in Guadalupe Canyon? We stayed at the "San Marcos" camp at the Arturo Camp.

Great pics and man that is too many miles in that short of time.

Wasnt that bad honestly.

how was the dirt road South of San Felipe, in 80 terms...?

I was loving it, doing about 50 or so the whole time. I got my suspension dialed in perfect for the weight of the rig and it handles washboards nicely.

The dude in the Dodge Megacab and the dude in the 1st Gen Stock Toy were hating life though! :D

I was loving it, doing about 50 or so the whole time. I got my suspension dialed in perfect for the weight of the rig and it handles washboards nicely.

The dude in the Dodge Megacab and the dude in the 1st Gen Stock Toy were hating life though! :D

I read it was pretty rough, big potholes and stuff. No more?

I read it was pretty rough, big potholes and stuff. No more?

Yes it was rough, but we drive rough and tough vehicles not Escalades!

:flipoff2:

Yes it was rough, but we drive rough and tough vehicles not Escalades!

:flipoff2:

maybe, but I ain't doin' 50 over potholes with my baby! :)

too rough for a lowly street popup camper you think?

you suck. x4

nice fly in your pescador....oh waiter!

how'd the fridge work out? did you actually make the whole trip on one tank?

is the October trip to this location or farther?

Uhhhh....yeah. Probably a little too rough. It's definitely the "worst non-technical road" I've ever been on. I didn't do 50 mph over it, I can tell you that much, but there were some sections in which "harmonic speed" (35-40 mph) was possible. Problem was, they weren't consistent corrugations. The road south of Puertecitos is a random roulette combination of corrugations, whoop-dee-doos, loose small boulders, broken cement vados, sheer drops, and sections of soft sand. Is it possible to bring a popup camper through? Yeah, probably. Would I bring my four year old popup through it? Hell no...not without major suspension mods, or if I did, I'd do 5-10 mph the whole way, just make a day of it, and be prepared to do a bunch of repairs when I got there.

But what do I know? When we were leaving, we saw a young couple in a newer Nissan Sentra coming in from the north. Made me feel like a big fat drama queen.

maybe, but I ain't doin' 50 over potholes with my baby! :)

Do you drive a truck or a sports car? :flipoff2: Something tells me you bring hair gel camping! :flipoff2:

Depends how much you like pain. You would have to drive REALLY slow and it would probably take you forever! We saw 2 passenger cars traveling like 10 miles an hour and those dudes were out of their flipping mind! Either that or 12 Tecates deep!

how'd the fridge work out?

Perfect like always!

did you actually make the whole trip on one tank?

Actually two, the main and the aux! :flipoff2: But yes, i made it on ONE FILLUP!

For those that say the 44 gallon is too big: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

is the October trip to this location or farther?

What October Trip?

Sweet trip report!!! what kine of fish is this?

Uh, if you read the trip report as you say, i mention it! Slacker! :flipoff2:

Last edited:
Uh, if you read the trip report as you say, i mention it! Slacker! :flipoff2:[/quote]

yea, I'm a picture guy :eek:

Looks like one helluva good time. The scenery from Puertocitos through Gonzaga until you cut inland to CoCo's is amazing but you do have to earn it. Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom