brakes are pulling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
when i brake it pulls to the left very hard... the harder i brake the more it pulls to the left. this was going on for like 2 weeks and i knew my left front brake caliper was leaking fluid so i thought the right one was doing all the work. however i replaced both my calipers up front with 4runner calipers (which are huge!) and 60 dollar bendix brake pads....i go for a test drive today and its still pulling...

there might still be a little air in the system but im certian that its pulling up front and not in the rear (rear has GM disc brakes)... everything on the truck is practically new...and the front axle has all new seals/bearings

and i'm running 37inch mtrs to... with stock master cylinder

could there be anything binding up inside the front axle causing it to pull (screwed up spider gears?)

really need your help on this one guys..

Look at your rear brakes....I would bet that the right rear is not doing anything....

If both rear brakes are not functioning properly, your vehicle will not stop squarely.

why wouldn't the rear be doing anything? both have new rotors and calipers with about less then 100 miles on them.... theres prob a def. possibility that the caliper crapped out because they were so inexpensive...

i'll check for a pinched line but even all the hardlines are new...

why wouldn't the rear be doing anything? both have new rotors and calipers with about less then 100 miles on them.... theres prob a def. possibility that the caliper crapped out because they were so inexpensive...

i'll check for a pinched line but even all the hardlines are new...

If there is a kinked brake line to one side of the rear, it will restrict fluid flow and result in that caliper not doing it’s share of the braking, causing the vehicle to drift towards the side that is working properly as the stopping is not balanced....

If a caliper is simply not working properly, and is getting fluid, it will cause the same issue.

A pinched or kinked brake line is pretty easy to have happen....and create all sorts of issues/headaches.

Possible right rear slave(s) leaking or Right Rear axle seal leaking.

It could be a small adjustment. If you know all is functional, tweaking them may help.

If there is a kinked brake line to one side of the rear, it will restrict fluid flow and result in that caliper not doing it’s share of the braking, causing the vehicle to drift towards the side that is working properly as the stopping is not balanced....

If a caliper is simply not working properly, and is getting fluid, it will cause the same issue.

A pinched or kinked brake line is pretty easy to have happen....and create all sorts of issues/headaches.

gotcha, yeah i understood the reason but i couldn't find a single pinched line... i turned up the reduction on the proportioning valve, was at 57% reduction now around 30.. i'm gonna get the vacuum bleeder from work tomorrow...

the rear res. on the brake master is very dirty/brown compared to the front...

took it for another test drive today, and when i'm goin about 10-15mph and i put my foot on the brake i can visibly see the drivers side tire turn the left and immediatly return when the brake is let off...

i guess if the brake master cylinder was on its way out that it would be supplying the closest caliper with the most juice but thats just an idea... as far as i know i've already ordered a 91 fj80 brake master cyl. at work for 100.00 (with res)

I've had bad flexable lines cause this problem on more than one
type of vehicle.
They looked fine but old; clogged in one case and in another the line would actually swell under pressure. Sweller was a drum brake Cruiser and caused it to
pull to one side.
On an older Benz the line would cause the front disc to not retract and caused a drag which would get the wheel hot. It was gunked up inside the line so
bad it wouldn't release pressure for a few seconds each time.
On a Fiat 124 Spyder a bad line caused a brake to lock and it wouldn't release.
The Cruiser line looked bad externally. The other two looked fine on visual
inspection. Replacement fixed them all.
Just a thought, but then again those brake lines may just have it in for me. ;)
Cruiser has stainless steel lines now.
Good luck. Pulling brakes stink. I hope ya track it down.

if you've ever let one of your calipers hang from the rubber lines or done anything similar to that, the rubber lines are most likely your problem, and need replacing;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom