I know whose 80 this is. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bluto

More questions than answers.
Threads
Just driving around to somewhere new to eat breakfast, so my wife, baby girl, and me drove to the old part of town. Hold and behold - a modified 80!

Actually, this was the first modified 80 I saw before I got Bluto. I always wondered who owned it until I met the owner at SnT 06. He drives a yellow FJ Cruiser now which is modded up the ***. Easy done since he owns a offroad shop.

Beautiful paint job like it was done yesterday. High end stuff inside out. Supercharged too. Im not sure if he sold it.
Date stamp is wrong.

View attachment 139827

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting items on that thing..

* Square HELLA HID's
* Camo Paint
* Snorkel seems skinny? raised higher? home grown?
* Clear ARB Lense lighting

Very Interesting to say the least.

You are such an expert! :grinpimp:
Xenon hellas, snorkel is not made by Safari, lift not OME from what the owner told me at SnT, front bumper amber lenses replaced by mini aux lights, Front and rear bumpers appear to be TJM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Larry at Dirty Parts?

Yes sir!

I was just at his shop last week. he sold it for $25K. he dynod it @ 380 HP to the wheels. it has rancho 9000 shocks with custom springs. around 175K miles. custom exhaust helped get to that HP. it most def. has a ton of toys, bells, whistles, etc. I hope the new owner will see the light and find this board and this section.

Smit

Serious question Smit - did you pay any attention to how he routed the wiring for the lights up to the roof rack? I think he used the same right angle electrical that he used on Stan's rig, but I wanted to see it and his install on his 80. Guess it will never be at his shop if it's sold.

From what I gather from Adv4x4 the rig was bought 3 weeks ago. I guess it stayed local here. I dont know how he can fit his tall frame in the FJCruiser - neck pain? :D

The problem with that rig is that everything is custom one-off stuff--nicely done, but expensive to do, and expensive to maintain. Nice rig, though. Last time I was at Dirty Parts, and I asked him what he was selling it for. He said "Don't ask", which to me means something like "You can't afford it, and would probably laugh your ass off if I told you anyway."

Serious question Smit - did you pay any attention to how he routed the wiring for the lights up to the roof rack? I think he used the same right angle electrical that he used on Stan's rig, but I wanted to see it and his install on his 80. Guess it will never be at his shop if it's sold.

Brent,

I actaully never saw it in person. Just the pics. He gave me all the details cause I asked.....just incase I knew of anyone dying for a ready to wheel cruiser......I'd wheel it even if I just bought it for $25K:eek:

Smit

you know I must admit I don't know with 100% certainty that it went for that. One week he tells me that he is asking $25K for it. A few weeks later he tells me that he sold it. Me being nosey ask him (telling him that I don't expect an answer if he doesn't want to give one) how much he got for it and he tells me "what I (he) was asking". That is all I have to go by. So maybe over the few weeks that passed, he started asking for less and got that. I really don't know. Just thought I would throw that out there.

Smit

Im sorry and i dont mean to offend dirtyparts cause his work is really nice.... but for $25k i better get real beadlocks.

Speaking of beadlocks - Ive been seeing them more often now. Most of them match the body color of the rig. Before I saw Larrys 80, I saw a Jeep with yellow beadlocks to match.

The other day I saw one on a new 4runner with running boards.

I guess theyre the new bling now - spinners are so yesterday. :D

I drive by Dirty parts almost everyday and everytime I do I think, damn thats a sweet fj

Speaking of beadlocks - Ive been seeing them more often now. Most of them match the body color of the rig. Before I saw Larrys 80, I saw a Jeep with yellow beadlocks to match.

The other day I saw one on a new 4runner with running boards.

I guess theyre the new bling now - spinners are so yesterday. :D

95% of the "bead lock" wheels you are seeing are fake bead locks. True bead locks are defintiely more common in our type of crowd but there are only a couple of true bead locks that are DOT legal. The main concern is that when the inner bead lock ring is welded on there can be leaks, even when done by a pro. I know Huthcinson makes a double bead lock wheel that is DOT and I think there are a few more but I don't recall. Mark would know better but I think the Walker Evans might be DOT since the inner beadlock ring is a forged part of the wheel itself. They are hip and I am so glad that spinners died a quick and painful death. :grinpimp:

I like how the camo looks on the 80 alot. ;p

Hey Professor long time no post!
Hows the rear bumpers coming? Planning on laying some chrome on them? :D

95% of the "bead lock" wheels you are seeing are fake bead locks. True bead locks are defintiely more common in our type of crowd but there are only a couple of true bead locks that are DOT legal. The main concern is that when the inner bead lock ring is welded on there can be leaks, even when done by a pro. I know Huthcinson makes a double bead lock wheel that is DOT and I think there are a few more but I don't recall. Mark would know better but I think the Walker Evans might be DOT since the inner beadlock ring is a forged part of the wheel itself. They are hip and I am so glad that spinners died a quick and painful death. :grinpimp:

I like how the camo looks on the 80 alot. ;p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom