Spankin' Da Sheriff (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can't be that hard. A day in the garage. Lots to remove, but a good time to replace all the gaskets and seals on the front, top, and side of the motor and stop them leaks.

Let's see.... One day to do all that?

How many days to put an engine in, lift on, repaint, install a nifty gas can holder on the back, and a few miscellaneous other items?

You forgot the :flipoff2:

How many days to put an engine in, lift on, repaint, install a nifty gas can holder on the back, and a few miscellaneous other items?

Lessee

Lift............................... 1 day (Just did this a few weeks ago)
Install engine............... 1 day (It's a tractor motor, what could be hard about that?)
Nifty gas can holder...... 1 week (OK, it is fab work and it looks great)
Repaint........................ 3 hrs and a case of Krylon flat black

He'll need another day or two to bolt in the seats and a steering wheel. Should be ready to go by mid-May.

:flipoff2:

-Mike-

Lessee

Lift............................... 1 day (Just did this a few weeks ago)
Install engine............... 1 day (It's a tractor motor, what could be hard about that?)
Nifty gas can holder...... 1 week (OK, it is fab work and it looks great)
Repaint........................ 3 hrs and a case of Krylon flat black

He'll need another day or two to bolt in the seats and a steering wheel. Should be ready to go by mid-May.

-Mike-

You guys make me feel so warm and fuzzy. Lift is done, and it took me much more than a day to do that spring over and shackle reversal. The gas can holder is done, and yep took about a week. The rest ... I'll get right on it. :beer:

Bushrat

In Jon's defense. It took Ali, my dad, and I about three hours to replace A bolt in the seat frame of the 40.

But now the seat is as strong as my ARB :D

In Jon's defense.

Rory,

We only have TWO rules in HDC.

#1 Rule. Never side with Greg on anything. Nothing. Nada. Zippo. Nothing.

#2 Rule. Sucking up to Jon is a waste of time. Jon is nice to everyone even if you don't kiss his butt like you just did.

#3 Rule. Do not read O'Niell's posts. Trying to read any post by David will make your eyes bleed.

#4 Rule. Try not to make Dan mad by teasing him about the ugly color of his truck. We all know that 6M1 is grotesque but he is a little sensitive about it. He also controls access to all Toyota parts so it is not in your best interest to agitate the guy in the tie-dyed shirt. However, it is perfectly acceptable to tease Onur about the color of his truck.

#5 Rule. Do not pick a fight with Shawn. If you do pick a fight with Shawn, resist the urge to invite him outside to settle it.

#6 Rule. Man up. (Not really a rule, just a suggestion. Don't take it personal though.)

#7 Rule. Do not talk down about FJ Cruisers. They are dead set on assimilating us and I heard someone mention at the last meeting that everyone will be required to own at least ONE FJ Cruiser to be a member of HDC. There is a conspiracy in our midst, I am certain of it and my Momma always said: "Where there's smoke, there is a conspiracy."

#8 Rule. Disregard rules 2-6. Rules #7 and #1 are the TWO real rules in HDC.

( ... to be continued ... )

Is it Wednesday yet?

-Mike-

Last edited:
#7 Rule. Do not talk down about FJ Cruisers. They are dead set on assimilating us and I heard someone mention at the last meeting that everyone will be required to own at least ONE FJ Cruiser to be a member of HDC. There is a conspiracy in our midst, I am certain of it and my Momma always said: "Where there's smoke, there is a conspiracy."
-Mike-

Is this rule similar to the upcoming requirement that each vehicle be 2M equipt?

Last edited by a moderator:
Similar yes, but two completely different conspiracies. We're a devious group.

-Mike-

#7 Rule. Do not talk down about FJ Cruisers. They are dead set on assimilating us and I heard someone mention at the last meeting that everyone will be required to own at least ONE FJ Cruiser to be a member of HDC. There is a conspiracy in our midst, I am certain of it and my Momma always said: "Where there's smoke, there is a conspiracy." -Mike-

Gee, when I started this rule involved FZJ80's, not FJC's.

Gee, when I started this rule involved FZJ80's, not FJC's.

Jon,
You are off-topic. This thread is about camshafts for 2F engines. Someone call the sheriff.

-Mike-

My momma use to say.........

de alligator is so mean 'cause he gots ALL THEM TEETH and NO tooth-brush.

#4 Rule. Try not to make Dan mad by teasing him about the ugly color of his truck. We all know that 6M1 is grotesque but he is a little sensitive about it. He also controls access to all Toyota parts so it is not in your best interest to agitate the guy in the tie-dyed shirt. However, it is perfectly acceptable to tease Onur about the color of his truck.

At least I still have all my original flares....

Uhh... yeah... but I didn't start this thread.

Sure ya did. You just started it someplace else. Regardless, it's fun playing with the various features available on those new menus. Kinda like getting a new radio and seeing what all those buttons do.

Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom