Pakistan soft top owner(s): Please PM me (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking about joining the most recent group of people who are ordering tops from Pakistan. Before committing, however, I'd like to have a few questions answered from someone who actually owns one of the tops. Please PM me if you don't mind answering a few questions. Thanks.

(I have searched previous ih8mud threads and read about the tops, but most of the information has been about how to order and what styles are available. In the FAQ section, there is a good debate thread about which soft top is the best, but my questions are not related to that.)

You might want to post your questions and answers here. I am sure others may have the same questions/concerns.

You might want to post your questions and answers here. I am sure others may have the same questions/concerns.

I thought about doing just that, but I was a little leery of getting responses that said, "Already been answered, newbie. Do a search."

If I get some information, I'll certainly post it for the benefit of others who are considering a Pakistan top.

Thanks.

I would love to answer any question that you have.
Ehsan

Thank you for offering to answer some questions.

Before I saw your response, I sent an e-mail with eight or nine questions to an ih8mud member who owns a Pakistan soft top. I may send you some questions after I hear from him.

X2

why keeep everything on down low?

I have been watching Ehsan's threads for a while now and will need a top later this summer. I think they are gorgeous. How much do they cost? Top and bows. I know shipping costs have been tossed around and that sounds reasonable...

With brew8's permission, I am posting his responses to my questions:

1. How durable has your top been?

I have only had it for a short time but have used in snow, high wind, rain, etc, has held up fine

2. Is it made of vinyl or canvas?

Mine is canvas, I have a friend here with vinyl. Mine is more duarable.

3. Did all of the parts necessary to install the top arrive with your order?

I recieved all the parts advertised.

4. Does your top fit well overall?

It was very snug and needs a hot day for installation.

5. Does your top reasonably prevent rain from entering your FJ?

Much better that my best top supertop but with hard doors.

6. Have your windows held up well, or have the clouded up?

Fine so far

7. Is your top pretty stable at 50 mph?

Much better than my best top and much quieter

8. Are you happy with how well your top matches the tops of your front doors? (Is the seam fairly straight?)

Fits the doors great, had to readjust the hinges but is great now.

9. If you have buckles, are they still in good shape, or have they begun to rust?

No rust

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom