Was Idling Sweet (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hogan

Three on the Tree
SILVER Star
Threads
Okay I hooked up the idle soleniod and it ran smooth. :) So I was adjusting the idle got it down to 700rpm. it ran smooth for quite a whilte. Than it just died, it would restart but needed to be choked, and ran rough.

I thought the fuel filter was pluging up, so I bought a clear one, to see what was going on. When I restarted it the filter filled up about half way. After a little bit the filter was almost empty, but it kept running rough. I had to keep the choke on a little bit to keep it going.

Anyone have this happen, or knows what needs to be fixed. Thanks in advance.

Okay I hooked up the idle soleniod and it ran smooth. :) QUOTE]

What happened before this. Why were you hooking up the idle solenoid? Why was it unhooked? Was it a rebuild or was it running good before? Just need a little more info...

When I got the truck it was unhooked and needed the choke on to keep running. I asked on here where to hook it up and was told to hook it to the white wire with the red stripe at the voltage regulator. It made it run perfect.

I had picked the truck up in October. It had been in storage for around 15 years. Did the usual drained all the fluids rebuilt the carb ect ect ect

I think I got it. The power to the idle solenoid was not constident. I'm re doing some of the PO wiring.

I'll update you all later

It was the wiring, so stand down Cruiser Nation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom