Stolen BJ60 from Abbotsford, BC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
***RECOVERED***

Hi all, just thought I would send out a message to the cruiser heads, that my 1983 FJ60(converted to 3B/5spd) was stolen last night at 8pm-9pm from Ethical Addictions coffeehouse in Abbotsford, BC. It is Tan in colour and is a very clean truck from Colorado. Specs are:

Stock Tan colour (very clean and almost rust free)
stock chrome rims
33x10.5 mud terrains(siped)
OME lift susp.
Aussie style mirrors
Thule roof rack (no rocket box on it currently as seen in the bottom photo)
Other than that the exterior is stock
323,000km on the odometer

I am sad but you never know where it will show up. However I just filled up with 75l of diesel and last tank got 700km, so they could have driven quite far.

Thanks
Joel
phpTG7ZhjAM.jpg
IM001856.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! That sucks.
I know exactly how your feel.
My BJ60 was stolen in abbotsford too.

Rest assured I will keep my eyes peeled for it.

I really hope it comes home you soon.
Cheers,
N.

If it comes to ICBC, don't settle until you are happy.
You might even want to start gathering your recipts and coming up with prices now.
Also, for interests sake mine was recovered 8 weeks later dropped at a 711.
Not to much damage, and not many KM's.
I am guessing they used it for some sort of crimes, and then stored it somewhere.

Last edited:
Just in case, what's the license plate number? I'll keep my eyes peeled as well. You never know, sometimes thieves are so dumb that they leave the license plate on.

The plate # is a BC Licence 284 ALD. I just installed the Diesel and drivetrain in Nov after a year in the shop. (yeah, ok, i procrastinated)

Thanks to anyone keeping there eyes open.

Joel

Makes me sad to think about my cruiser getting stolen.

Did it have any anti theft things done to it? Like hidden kills or stick locks?

Sorry to hear about this............damm Abbotsfords sounding like a s***hole. I hate crime.

No, it doesnt have any anti theft other than "the club" type thing that I put on at night. I couldnt care less about putting it on the truck when I go in for a cup of coffee! However now......

Yeah I am going to look into installing a kill(EDIC) switch on both trucks VERY soon!

Were you inside having coffee when it got swiped? Maybe the mall has video surveillance and they have a tape you could see.

Nickw's truck was swiped from in front of my parents place. I ALWAYS use a club in Abbotsford (sometimes two)!

I like the idea of a club. Also some sort of stick shift lock in plain sight.

If you want to do a kill switch there are many threads about it in the diesel section.

I would do two seperate kill switches in the cabin. One really well hidden the other slightly hidden. Use them both each time.

The amount of blood sweat and tears I put into my truck I really feel sorry for your loss of the truck. It would make me cry if my truck went missing after all this work.

But a truck is replaceable. Not like a missing child...............

I WILL KEEP MY EYES OPEN I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL BAIL ME OUT IF I CATCH THEM AND WAIT A LITTLE BIT BEFORE CALLING THE POLICE OR AMBULANCE
I ****ing HATE CAR ****ing thieves i know how you feel. like a victom
aaron

I'm hoping that if Cruiserheads all over the lower mainland keep their eyes open, somebody will spot it. Those two round auxillary lights on the front will help identify it. When you consider all the heart, soul, sweat and money that goes into these vehicles, it just makes me want to puke when they get ripped off.
~Bill

I know you didn't mean anything by it (I think) but Abbotsford is not a **** hole :frown:

That is probably true but there sure seems to be a lot of 'Cruisers that get swiped there! I've heard of three or four.

I'll be using additional clubs when I visit mom and dad next time. That's where nickw's truck was taken from!

I was inside sitting down for 15min and then joined some friends outside for coffee. (yeah i feel like a loser) But from where we were sitting, my truck was just out of sight. There is also an exit out of the parking lot around the back. I dont think there is any surveillance, as it is a small strip mall.

For updating purposes, yesterday my friends wife was sure she saw my truck driving down Hillcrest rd in Abbotsford. She was unaware at the time that it was stolen, so of course nothing has come of the spotting. Last night Mission RCMP called me saying they had arrested a guy that was carrying my wallet. ALL of my Visas, cards and cash was still in the wallet!! Friggin stupid criminals.

If anyone catches them, have some patience, call me, and wait for me to pay them a visit!

NickW,
Not to bring up the past, but I think my friend has your old ARB bumper from your rolled HDJ81 on my old HDJ81 (I sold to him). Confusing? Nevertheless, it looks great. (...sorry)

Brownbear, I know you didn't mean anything by it (I think) but Abbotsford is not a **** hole :frown:

yah no offense to Abbotsford.... all lower mainland is becoming a sh$%^% hole.

LOL...

seriously no offense to your home city.

all the big centres have too much crime. tis a shame. I would rather spend money on more police than be over in Afghanistan.

Wow, I've lived in Abbotsford for the past 7 years. Owned a cruiser for the past 6 years. I guess I'm lucky. No incidences for me.

I agree that the lowermainland has gotten really bad for auto break-ins as well as theft.

I just glad I don't own a civic :)

We'll keep our eyes pealed. At least the cops got the idiot in Mission. Hopefully he knows where the truck is.

I'm off to buy a club.

have you found your truck yet ? this is a good reason not to buy used parts from shady sources , i hope they just took it to use for transportation purposes and dont mean to strip it , i guess my club is not the best security but i will continue to put it on as often as possible .

the best of luck and ill keep my eyes open for you . kevin

Last night Mission RCMP called me saying they had arrested a guy that was carrying my wallet. ALL of my Visas, cards and cash was still in the wallet!! Friggin stupid criminals.

Some times a little "gentle" persuasion would be in order! No doubt the guy knows who has your truck, the problem is he probably won't talk! Perhaps you can let him know through the cops know you want him prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law unless he starts talking and your truck reappears UNDAMAGED!

I'd still cancel all the cards 'cause some of these scum make copies.

That sucks.
I had my first FJ40 stolen twice. The first time it showed up. The second time it was lost forever.

I can feel your pain

Alvaro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom