Voltage Regulator Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The "charge" and "brake" light stays on in my 1985 pick-up. The alternator bench-tested fine at 2 different auto parts stores. I just replaced the battery, but the light stays on. All the fuses are ok. All ground wires seem to be in place. Maybe it's the voltage regulator, but I can't find it. Does anyone know where it's located? Thanks.

Your 85 should have an internal regulator(inside alternator)otherwise it would be on driver side inner fender near the coil.I would say you have a fusible link out in the junction box by the battery,or a short in the wiring from the alternator to battery.

Your 85 should have an internal regulator(inside alternator)otherwise it would be on driver side inner fender near the coil.I would say you have a fusible link out in the junction box by the battery,or a short in the wiring from the alternator to battery.

I second that.

but i dont trust auto parts stores equipment.

if it truly is the alternator failing. it is very wise to rebuld it yourself, rather than buying a new or reman. cause they are low quality, and will fail very soon after purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom