Looking at a 92 w230K (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks,

I'm looking at a 92 with 230K on it. Now I've had a 89 for 4+years and at 275K, with little to no issues. just a water pump. The 80 I'm looking at has no rust issues but what else should I look for. Am I correct in thinking the drivertrain is the same as my 89? It's a local auction so I won't be able to test drive it. I was lucky and neve had to birfs.

Or am I better off waiting for a known vehicle, rather that trying to get a good deal?

thanks

bob

A lot depends on the price. Without even driving the vehicle I would take any big chances. The only thing you can do is a good visual inspection. Make sure you get underneath the truck.

Gettting in and around the truck is not an issue, I just can't start it and test drive it. There is a back-out claus if its a POS. And it is a driving vehicle.

When do I stop bidding? Ext. is real clean Int is decent with a few small issues.

I just can't get in a project it's a DD and wifey-poo is having issues with my latest range rover project 3 months was enough of that.!!!!

thanks

bob

Or am I better off waiting for a known vehicle, rather that trying to get a good deal?

Intellectually, you already know the answer to your question. We might as well be talking about the roulette wheel at the Bellagio. You put down your money, the wheel spins, and you take your chances. If the vehicle doesn't have any expensive issues then you did good; if not, well then you took the risk and lost.

When do I stop bidding?

I would stop at $1,000 maybe $1,500 if I was feeling lucky.

-B-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom