Upgrade FJ AT shift knob (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
knobs_lg.jpg

This is Anodized aluminum shift knob with leather style insert for the Tundra. It fits the FJ perfectly, actually the instruction show it installed in the FJ.

Don't have pics of it in my rig. but it's pretty sweet and it matches perfectly with the interior.

Call your local Toyota dealer, ask if they have the upgrade Tundra Shifter for the AT. I picked mine up for........ $59 (ouch, but it's nice).

Here is the part number, from trdsource.com

PTS22-35072

Any local Toyota dealer should have them.
upgrade shifterIII.JPG
upgradeshifterIV.JPG

Last edited:
Noticed in the mornings, the aluminum is a little chilly. Wonder how this will work this summer????

I have found myself resting my hand on this quite a bit, I am not putting my arm rest down as much.

I used to have a S2000 with a metal shift knob. Not the greatest during summer or winter. It got WAAAY too hot or cold. I had to use a hat to cover it when driving. I think that knob you got will be okay, since it's got that leather insert, but I'd still guess it will get hot/cold.

Also, chewey, a little 303 or Armorall isn't going to hurt that interior. :D :D

Also, chewey, a little 303 or Armorall isn't going to hurt that interior. :D :D

Yeah, those pics really make the interior look like...... Wow..... I think I took that right after a trip up to the mountains. :whoops:

I have a Sparco aluminum shift knob on my 'rolla XRS and It either gets too hot or too cold.. though I can live with it... believe it or not I've never seen a pic of the FJ AT center console and it just looks weird with the cupholder infront of the shifter and no place to throw your cellphone etc by the shifter... not that it looks bad.. it's just different.

no place to throw your cellphone etc by the shifter....

If you look in Post #5, under the shifter in the first pic there is a rubber band. I put my cell phone there. Fits great!!!

One thing I have noticed is that the plate that is the R N D 4 3 2 L gets a little warm!!! Has anyone else with an AT notice this???

i keep my celly in the front cupholder usually. if i have a drink it goes in the back cupholder. works for me.

I know there's places to put it, it's just a lot more convinient on the MT6 you just literally throw cigs, liighter, cell, change.. anything by the shifter and not worry about it. Then again stuff disappears in there...

Though I've found an awesome place to put your cell phone.. the door handle, not where you open it but the one you pull it from.. mine fits perfectly and it's never lost in the deepths of the shifter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom