4-21-07 Run - Rio Puerco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
It was a good day.

I'm trying out photobucket for the first time (for me anyway).

IMG_9351.jpg

IMG_9348.jpg

IMG_9342.jpg

IMG_9341.jpg

IMG_9330.jpg

IMG_9328.jpg

IMG_9326.jpg

IMG_9325.jpg

IMG_9322.jpg

IMG_9320.jpg

IMG_9340.jpg

I've got to figure out how to post thumbnails.

Whatever...Later,

G

Last edited:
Its really easy to post just the picture on the photobucket site under the picture is a feild named "IMG Code" just cut and paste into Mud whats in that feild.

Graham,

Go back and "edit" your post. I modified the first image so you can see how it's done. On the advanced tool bar there is an icon for linking to images. Or, you can just enter the tag by hand (instead of the [url] tag). Resizing to 800x600 or smaller is a good idea.

Oh, nice pics!

Jon

John and Rory,

Thanks, I changed them all and it works great.

John,

Turns out the video of your hill climb was only 10 sec (used a camera instead of video). All of it you just sitting on top of bushes.

G

Onur,
Pics 2 & 3 are that small ravine that you drove down when you and Graham went last week. There were a bunch of buggies playing in that area and we watched one of them come up that ravine so ..... yep, Ali had to try it and then (of course) Jon had to try it. Good times!

I have a bunch of pics on Kevin's camera but the battery is dead. I'll get them loaded as soon as possible.

-Mike-

Onur,
Pics 2 & 3 are that small ravine that you drove down when you and Graham went last week. There were a bunch of buggies playing in that area and we watched one of them come up that ravine so ..... yep, Ali had to try it and then (of course) Jon had to try it. Good times!

I have a bunch of pics on Kevin's camera but the battery is dead. I'll get them loaded as soon as possible.

-Mike-

Yeah, that would be fun going up it. It was a nice drop down (right on the ARB)...Gonna try that next time I hit that area up.....

So did Ali and Jon get up? Did Jon need to winch (is that that pic from above)?

:cheers:

A write-up is forthcoming. Ali and Jon were denied but not after some valiant attempts. That was a wicked obstacle and the 2 ledges were perfectly placed to stop a long wheelbase going up the ravine.

Mike was doing a pretty tough obstacle and got the FJC wedged in (Pic 5). Jon pulled him back a few feet from above and behind. Too steep to try a strap as you can see in the pic 4.

-Mike-

Last edited:
Jon was winching me out of a nice little bind. One of these days I will get my truck lifted so I won't get stuck so easily. Until then, thanks Jon :)

Where we went. Full size (2mb) available on request via email.

Last edited:
Man, I love that Google Earth. Some day I'm gonna have to get a decent GPS system and learn how to use it. That is so kewl.

Thanks Jon!

List of members and guests at this run.

Jon "Bushrat" S.
Greg W.
Graham & Ginger T. (with both daughters)
Ali with his dog
Mike M and Kevin M
Mike B and his friend Randy from Minnesota
Rudy and friend Shawn
Ralph on the Arctic Cat

(Who did I forget?)

We met Jeff A in his Unimog playing at Snoopy Rock. He calls it the BallooniMog and his friend (forgot the name)

-Mike-

Last edited:
I was bummed - I paid my $20 last year only to find out it was an *annual* fee. I'm still undecided whether or not to resubscribe - Google is becoming insufferable, what with it's constant attempts to load its toolbar, etc.

Man, I love that Google Earth. Some day I'm gonna have to get a decent GPS system and learn how to use it. That is so kewl.

-Mike-

It doesn't take a fancy GPS to download to GE. As long as the GPS can hook up to the computer you are set, and I think they all do that right now. Just make sure you can store lots of track point.

The nice thing about GE, unlike the Topo softwares, is you can zoom in tighter, tilt, rotate, etc. It's also easier to share the tracks vs. a JPG file. They both have their use, though.

Google is becoming insufferable, what with it's constant attempts to load its toolbar, etc.

Only in Exploder. Netscape doesn't have that problem.

The nice thing about GE [... ] is you can zoom in tighter, tilt, rotate, etc.

You can zoom right in and see the details of Snoopy Rock; almost like being there.

-Mike-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom