What 70 series is convertible (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there a 70 series that convertible other than the soft top with the roll bar thats part of the cab? Only one i've seen is the ones in the SOR catalog of the soft top. White with red stripes i think? I'd like to see pics of a hard top convetible if there is such a thing!

Is there a 70 series that convertible other than the soft top with the roll bar thats part of the cab? Only one i've seen is the ones in the SOR catalog of the soft top. White with red stripes i think? I'd like to see pics of a hard top convetible if there is such a thing!

There is no model that is a true convertible with a hard top and a soft top option.
They either come from the factory as hard top or a soft top. The soft top doors have detachable frames
However the 73/74 series is the easiest to convert as it has a FRP top that unbolts then you need some soft top doors. Its the ones at the rear you really need.

Of course the 75 series makes a mean convertible as well for those days when you need the sun in your face:D
0,1020,640433,00 (Medium).jpg

I guess i stated that wrong. I meant to ask which model had a removable hard top other then the pickups.

Hard top removable

In Bolivia we have a growing number of 70 series chassis with a fiberglass (usually white) removable hard top. I think it has a bit longer frame than a regular 70. I haven't stopped one to ask the model number yet. It may be a 73. I know, useless. But I want one!

What I'm wondering is how to make an FJ60 into a hardtop/convertible :) Should be fun, right? It would be like an old troopie fj45/47.

Saludos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom