birfield stuck in axle housing (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I simply rotate the drive shaft till the flat spots on the birfield are verticle and then simply pull out.

I tried to pull the birfeilds and axles out of a fj62 axle housing.
I lined up the flat spots on the birfeilds with the verticle where the bearing sit in the axle housing.
They will not come out.
The only other factory i can think of is the axle housing is bent.
I 30 foot tree crushed the land cruiser and bent the axle housing at the some time.

Any advise on pulling the stuck birfeilds and axle shaft out would be great.

I'm about ready to start cuting on the axle housing.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Brian

I have had the birfields hang up on the trundle (top and bottom of the knuckle)bearings. That was when I was trying to reinstall the birf..

Have you taken the knuckle off?

That would be easire than cutting the axle housing.

Rocky

I have had the birfields hang up on the trundle (top and bottom of the knuckle)bearings. That was when I was trying to reinstall the birf..

Have you taken the knuckle off?

That would be easire than cutting the axle housing.

Rocky

The knuckles off and the trundle bearing have been removed.
I'm having a grease party in my garage.:doh:
I have the birfields lined up to remove but won't come out.

Thanks

put a bolt in the end of the birf, and use a dent puller or slide hammer it'll come

I've had housings bent to the extent that the birf won't pass..... chop it is the only solution.......

I simply rotate the drive shaft till the flat spots on the birfield are verticle and then simply pull out.

I tried to pull the birfeilds and axles out of a fj62 axle housing.
I lined up the flat spots on the birfeilds with the verticle where the bearing sit in the axle housing.
They will not come out.
The only other factory i can think of is the axle housing is bent.
I 30 foot tree crushed the land cruiser and bent the axle housing at the some time.

Any advise on pulling the stuck birfeilds and axle shaft out would be great.

I'm about ready to start cuting on the axle housing.

Thank you for any help you can offer.
Brian
HI,
Just wanted to give every body a up date on the axle housing from hell!!!!!!!!!
I tried to pry the axles and birfields out of the bent axle housing and all it did was bend a good pry bar.:doh:
So after round 7 or 20 i can't remember at this point i got my old friend out , the porta band. I showed that :censor: axle housing who the boss was.
I cut the axle housing and starting hiting that bad boy with my 5 pound hammer. They came right out!!!!:bounce: :bounce2:

Thank you all for your advise.
Brian

I tried to pry the axles and birfields out of the bent axle housing and all it did was bend a good pry bar.

Good pry pars don't bend..... ;)

Glad you got it out.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom