ARB FJ Cruiser Rear Step Bar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Features:

- Sturdy Chassis Mounts
- Heavy Gauge Steel Construction
- Anodized Alloy Anti-Slip Step Tread
- HiLift Jack Points on Chassis Mounts
- Standard Heavy Duty Recovery Point
- Chassis Mounts incorporate tie down points
- High Tensile Fasteners Included in Installation Kit
- Standard in Satin Black Powder Coat (Shown Colour Coded)
- Optional Towbar in Development
- Weight 30kg

Note – OEM reverse sensors malfunction in a steel bar so are unable to be reinstalled.

Estimated Street Price will be $875. ARB should start taking pre orders April 19th, 2007

For photos, go Here
:bounce:

Unless your planning to have 35" or bigger I really see more downsides that good things on a swing out design...

Unless your planning to have 35" or bigger I really see more downsides that good things on a swing out design...

the factoy tire carrie is pretty strong. the arb engineers saw no need for a swing out tire carrier version

Is there mounting points for a swing out Jerry can holder/hi-jack holder?

x2

or

can it be purchased w/o powder coat and have a carrier added by a fab shop?

Also, (not to rfjtoy, but in general) why do the factory ackup sensors not work in this bumper? Don't they work in the Bentup and Allpro bumpers?

Carl

x2

or

can it be purchased w/o powder coat and have a carrier added by a fab shop?

Also, (not to rfjtoy, but in general) why do the factory ackup sensors not work in this bumper? Don't they work in the Bentup and Allpro bumpers?

Carl

I read something about the alloy used( too lazy to read what it's made from ) wasn't allowing them to work properly.

I was told today that the ARB rear bar does NOT have a contour to fit a larger than stock tire! What's up with that, I don't know anyone off-roading on 265s, who isn't planing on some bigger shoes for their rig. I'll be looking now to the other aftermarkets.

That's horrible design on their part... ohhhh .......no help what so ever, they should have made it contour to a larger tire size how easy would that have been.
The only one i have seen yet that replaces the freakin plastic cladding is the fab four bumper and that thing looks like it belongs on the batmobile, but @ least it can fit 39" tires on the swinging carrier.
Fabfours
BUMPERS.jpg

Allpros is the best in my eyes for clearence and look but if they would come out w/ an extension to replace the cladding that would be even better. I would like the added protection on those corners.
BUMPERS2.jpg

ARB rear those tires look larger then 265's
BUMPERS1.jpg

Last edited:
I was talking to the guys at Expedition One tonight. They're developing one that looks pretty promising.

James has been working that design for a long time. He's gonna have to finish his run of front bumpers w/ bull bar 1st. I have one of his first run of front bumpers and really like it. It looks great and makes the frame the clearance limiting factor for approach angle. I'm patient, so will be waiting to see what he comes up with for a rear.

I like the bumper despite it not having the backup sensors incorporated into it.
I bet it could be done since it works fine with other aftermarket bumpers.

I have been thinking about getting it, but I need to find out "for sure" if a 285 tire will fit or not.
I am running 265 muds right now, and plan on stepping up to the same tire only in a 285x70x17.

If a 285 will not work, I will have to pass on this one.

Can someone post a pic of the factory spare mount? On my LR Discovery Series 2, you could drill some new holes to move the tire carrier higher up on the rear door. This would allow a larger tire to fit before it made contact with the rear bumper. You guys might try moving the factory mount higher on the door to give you more clearance at the rear bumper. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom