Leather Seats (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I took my cruiser to the stealership today for the 25k mile service. While I was waiting I was eyespying a new one on the lot with dealer installed leather seats. The leather seemed to be thicker and better quality than the factory leather on the TRD SE model. Long story short.....I am dropping mine off Wednesday morning for new leather seats, front/rear. Yeah, I know...hot in the summer, cold in the winter, but I had leather in my F150 and H2, just kind of spoiled on it and miss it. When I am home, the FJ is garaged so the heat and cold aren't a big factor. When I am traveling for work the hotel that I most commonly stay in has a parking garage as well so it's protected from the elements.

To each their own....but cloth wears soooo much better than leather. If I hadn't purchased my '98 used, I would have special ordered a TLC w/o leather....or sunroof for that matter.

I took my cruiser to the stealership today for the 25k mile service. While I was waiting I was eyespying a new one on the lot with dealer installed leather seats. The leather seemed to be thicker and better quality than the factory leather on the TRD SE model. Long story short.....I am dropping mine off Wednesday morning for new leather seats, front/rear. Yeah, I know...hot in the summer, cold in the winter, but I had leather in my F150 and H2, just kind of spoiled on it and miss it. When I am home, the FJ is garaged so the heat and cold aren't a big factor. When I am traveling for work the hotel that I most commonly stay in has a parking garage as well so it's protected from the elements.

Since when do TRD's come with leather?

DEWFPO

I personally hate leather seats. Like you were saying, cold in winter, hot in summer. Plus you slide around when turning and off-road. Unless they're heated/cooled seats (like Lexus), I would not waste any money on them.

There is no factory leather for the FJC (TRD or not), it is all dealer or regional added, AFAIK.

Yeah, the South East Distributors added leather to a lot of the TRD's. It's not "factory", but is designed to work with the SRS bags.

fabric mo betta

Leather

My mistake on the leather in TRD's being factory, however, I found my cloth seats wearing quickly, especially on th left side bolster, presumably from cell phone or leatherman case rubbing it as I exited. It was wearing to the point that I put denim seat covers over the seat to reduce the wear. I was neve a big fan of leather until I actually had a vehicle with leather seats. Now I think its the only way to go.

My mistake on the leather in TRD's being factory, however, I found my cloth seats wearing quickly, especially on th left side bolster, presumably from cell phone or leatherman case rubbing it as I exited. It was wearing to the point that I put denim seat covers over the seat to reduce the wear. I was neve a big fan of leather until I actually had a vehicle with leather seats. Now I think its the only way to go.
Enjoy the leather. Had mine installed at the port and love it. Thanks JIM MORAN!!!

I've only got 5,300 miles on mine and the driver's seat is showing wear on the bottom of the outboard bolster on the seatback as well. And dont' keep anying in my rear pockets or belt when I drive.

DEWFPO

I've only got 5,300 miles on mine and the driver's seat is showing wear on the bottom of the outboard bolster on the seatback as well. And dont' keep anying in my rear pockets or belt when I drive. DEWFPO

You can correlate the extreme wear with having a boney ass, or if that isn't the case - consider that the following link provides a much better option (IMHO) to leather OEM seats....for $$$ less.

http://www.mastercraftseats.com/store/home.html?lang=en-us&target=d26.html

Leather Update

Well, I have had the leather seats in my FJ for about 4 months now. The seats are black leather I have not experienced a "hot" problem wike I th them, and bear in mind that we are talking about central and south Florida during the months on May, June, July and August. Nor have I experienced any sliding on the seats and I have been making it a point to rub them down every couple of weeks with leather conditioner wipes. I am not experiencing any wear on the side bolsters like I did the factory cloth. So far, I am glad that I made the change.

Mind if I ask what is the going dealer rate for this nice upgrade?

$800.00 to your door, no charge for TRD embroidery if you want it.

PM if you want a set.

I've noticed that the leather conversion means a slightly shorter seat.. and more rounded too... as a tall guy.. 6.3.. I found this rather uncomfortable.

There is NO change to the seat size or location.

Best,

Shane

$800.00 to your door, no charge for TRD embroidery if you want it.

Shane, is that for front and back or front only???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom