Sub tank sending unit, mine only has 2 wires? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought looking at other pics and all of Romers information that the sending unit has 3 wires.

As you can see mine has 2? WTF?

dsc06646-198_525.jpg

dsc06647-187_525.jpg

Which one goes the George's ecu? And which one to the fuel guage?

The only important signal is the empty as thats what the ECU uses. I wired the fuel gauge to the front, but probably won't hook it up. Thought I would play with it for a while

I wonder if they are using chassis as a ground?

You can use an ohmeter and play with the float to find out which one is the empt signal.

Didn't your wife buy it from SOR? Did you call and ask them about it?

That is a diesel sub sender, it does not have the cutoff switch.

You need a petrol sender.

That is a diesel sub sender, it does not have the cutoff switch.

You need a petrol sender.

Confirmed by Dan! Ordered a gas sending unit for about $55, but at least it will work.

Ken you may want to put his tread in the FAQ for sub tank to help others. I will add a photo of the proper sending unit when I get it.

Big thanks to cDan for having this OZ unit on the shelf for us in the US.:beer:

Anyone need a diesel sending unit real cheep:crybaby:

Or should I keep it for when I do my diesel conversion:flipoff2:

Toyota dealers in Australia probably carry them. Any other countries he can check in Dan?

Since you bought this from SOR, you should call them and have them deal with the extra $55

Ken

Toyota dealers in Australia probably carry them. Any other countries he can check in Dan?

Since you bought this from SOR, you should call them and have them deal with the extra $55

Ken

Good luck getting anything out of SOR. It was a used part, you get what you get.

I had the sender in stock so he's set.

There go those shaman powers. Must have known several months ago that this was going to happen to have it on hand and already wrapped for shipping :D

Yeah, I bought mine from SOR, same thing, although it smells like petrol not diesel ??? Anyway, they basically told be to get f-ed.

Dan was that the last one you had? I still need to buy mine.

I have another comming from Japan. It's ~3 weeks out.

I have another comming from Japan. It's ~3 weeks out.

So when did you decide . . . . I mean when did you know that Cruiser804 would need one:D

After I pulled the needle out of yours....;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom