Cold Saw type blade on a chop saw (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star
Threads
that only is rated for 4400 rpm - I didn't check, but doesn't an abrasive cut-off saw go quite a bit faster than that?

bk

That's what I thought as well, but if you look at the video on that site, isn't that mounted to an abrasive cutoff saw??

FWIW....I don't think it is a big deal to put an abrasive cutting blade on saws designed for woodworking.

I have routinely used ceramic cutting blades on my circ saw for some ridiculously thick sheetrock in my house. I have seen a mechanic do the same with a metal cutoff blade on a circ saw, and have seen a similar setup in a body shop as well. I plan on buying a cutoff blade for an older hitachi chop saw when I dig into some angle iron this summer. The tools may not be perfect for getting a job done, but when budgets are tight...cutoff blades are mighty cheap.

I saw this blade on a post a while ago and was wondering if anyone has converted/adapted a cold saw/dry saw type of blade to an abrasive cut off saw?

http://www.bulletindustries.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/99_144/products_id/449

My Milwaukee 6190-20 cold saw has a no load speed of 1500 RPM. I think if you mount a cold saw blade to an abrasive saw running at twice the speed is asking to eat carbide tips and a possible trip to the emergency room. I also do not think the quality of that blade matches what you get from a company like Milwaukee. The blade that came with my saw has 72 teeth and for SS Milwaukee reccommends 90 teeth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom