Checking the mileage (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been test driving few used LX470 imported from U.S. to U.A.E. and I think that the odometer has lost some miles mysterious way on the way over the sea :mad: . Is there any way to check the last service miles from Lexus u.s. or perhaps those can be seen from ecu? Basically some of the vehicles looks and feels like 200+tml, but it says 50-75 thousand on the meter.. I don't really a care if the car has 50 or 150 tml, but just to make sure that the timing belt will be replaced on time etc. Thanks for any feedback :)

Run the VIN through CARFAX and/or have a buddy in the states run the VIN at a Lexus dealer.

I have been test driving few used LX470 imported from U.S. to U.A.E. and I think that the odometer has lost some miles mysterious way on the way over the sea :mad: . Is there any way to check the last service miles from Lexus u.s. or perhaps those can be seen from ecu? Basically some of the vehicles looks and feels like 200+tml, but it says 50-75 thousand on the meter.. I don't really a care if the car has 50 or 150 tml, but just to make sure that the timing belt will be replaced on time etc. Thanks for any feedback :)

Thanks guys, I don't have the vin right now. I checked the carfax and I think that I car run the check myself as well.

you may find a sticker under the hood that shows that the timing belt has been changed, I'm told...

PETERBJ75,
Out of curiosity, how much do the (from the US) imported LCs run over there?
Reason for asking is that when I was in Saudi, cars were IMO dirt cheap, and I would question the economics of bringing big rigs in from the US, when you can bring them in from other places, closer by.

Sorry, did not mean to highjack your post, just curious.... :)

I would question the economics of bringing big rigs in from the US, when you can bring them in from other places, closer by.

Sorry, did not mean to highjack your post, just curious.... :)

There is pleanty of LC's and LX's, but seems that demand is even more (for low mileage). Most of the high mileage 4x4 will be exported out of here. The other thing is that original middle east cars are on Gulf specs, which basically means no options (like nav is still option for LX&LC and no levinson stereos etc.)and no extra safety devices etc.(maeby airbags for front seats)..

Just exsample, dealers still asking minimum 25k$ for 98-99 +150000miles driven LX470

Most of the LC's are GXR models, which are with 4.5l six cylinder engine and part time tranfers. And usually quite heavely abused..

Edit:
I haven't seen any u.s. imported LC's, only LX's

Thnx,
Yikes, $25K for a 98-99 high mileage LX. That's NOT cheap. But maybe they are like you say in better shape than the "Middle East" trucks where sand gets in EVERYWHERE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom