Toyota 1HD-T 80 swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

70sguy

SILVER Star
Threads
Since we're all pimpin the swaps...
91 FJ80 swaped to 1HD-T A442F. Combined project by G&S Cruiserparts and Ciaran Wilson of Cruiserland Enterprises.
Disclaimer:
No Armorall was harmed in the photograph of this engine
1HD-T FJ80b.JPG
1HD-T FJ80fuelJPG.jpg
1HD-T FJ80side.jpg

Last edited:
That oily patch on the sound proofing fawks the whole thing:D
Just joking:grinpimp:

Did you change the heater hose valve to a 1HZ/HD unit,was it hard to get off?

Is the fuel filter in its stock location. I might have put it over on RH side near the firewall like a 75 ,lotsa room there;)

That oily patch on the sound proofing fawks the whole thing:D
Just joking:grinpimp:

Did you change the heater hose valve to a 1HZ/HD unit,was it hard to get off?

Is the fuel filter in its stock location. I might have put it over on RH side near the firewall like a 75 ,lotsa room there;)

Hehehehee! Had to leave a little something to remember the ole 3FE by.
The heater hose valve is 1HD-T unit. Not too bad to get off.. a small screwdriver and some WD40 helps.
and ya.. that is a stock fuel filter assy/bracket right where it should be.
Sheldon

Last edited:
Nice clean install guys! We've done 3 80 swaps but try to stay away from them as the front clips are ungodly expensive. Actually in excess of $10,000. Did you just get the engine and adapt it or what? -Todd

Thanks. Your 1KZ-TE Hilux is killer.

We Half cut a mid 91 production HDJ81 in Japan and shipped it over in a big ole box. Ungodly expensive is right. A lot of hours go into making everything as factory like in function and look.

Sheldon

Nice work fellas......

Hey Stone, when we building one up for you? :cool:

Sheldon

Thanks. Your 1KZ-TE Hilux is killer.

Thanks... We have a waiting list for the 81 chassis at auction. I can regularly get them from Australia but the cost is prohibitive. Plus, the cost of the conversion scares alot of would-be customers off. Most dont realize that the labor fees dont really change for us on our end, it's the cost of the clips that puts the cost up so high. They have to really want that inline 6 ;) Look for us in coming month's peterson's off road magazine. We're starting on their project 86 single cab crawler soon. Stay tuned...

Pimpin' is right. That is a sweet swap. Well done!

Thanks Chris. Feels good to get the hands dirty again. Starting another FJ80 swap in a few weeks.

Pimpin' is right. That is a sweet swap. Well done!

Hey Chris...The engine checked out VERY nice too when being processed at G&S: Nice unit, going into a nice truck = great combo!

gb

My 1HD-T swapped 93 FZJ 80 is good for about 420-450 miles in mixed city/Hwy
Best I have done is 507 on a straight hwy road trip through Washington and Oregon.
There is no comparison between the 3FE and the 1HD-T power wise.

What where you getting with the 3fe :confused: compared to the 420 450 with the 1HD-T.

Great install, looks brand new:eek: .....

Any plans to modify it, boost, fuel, or cooler??

This is a customers truck so I can't speak first hand for the perfomance or lack therof in the 3FE. I seem to recall him saying 200 miles on the tank. The feedback from the customer is "What a difference from the 3FE! I am on my second tank of fuel, and the increase in MPG appears to be about 50%" Not sure what future plans there are for mods, right now he is quite pleased with it in stock tune. He is probably not getting the 420-450miles on a tank that I am since he has 33" muds, Sliders, Kaymar rear, ARB front for
a total weight of 6000lbs.

What where you getting with the 3fe :confused: compared to the 420 450 with the 1HD-T.

When my 93 had the 1FZ-FE in it I was getting 280 miles before the light came on, and that was with a very light foot.
I would guess the spread would be greater yet on a 3FE to 1HD-T conversion.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom