Ih8 Diamondplate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally got around to removing my diamondplate off my rocker panels, and uh... that's alot of rust. Now i'm thinking i'm just gonna cut it as far as I can, although theres not alot left, and i'm wondering how far I should take it? I plan on putting some sort of rocker protection on, although not sure what yet.

Any advice would be nice, thanks everyone.

Kevin
Picture 009.gif

Last edited:
Cut it up as far as you can then 45 it back using 5/16" plate to the chassis like the rockcrawlers in Pro Modified class.

brooksy

Cut it up as far as you can then 45 it back using 5/16" plate to the chassis like the rockcrawlers in Pro Modified class.

brooksy

Nice idea, I kinda like it but how would I attach it to the frame? Does anyone have any pics of what this might look like?

Kevin

Weld on a flat plate with captive nuts along the underside outer edge or bolt on if possible using maybe some angle. Then drill holes in your bash plate to locate it to the outer body then weld on some tabs to fix to the chassis either onto the under side of the chassis, U brackets or weld on some fish plates (I think you call them scab plates) with captive nuts to locate onto the chassis.

brooksy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom