Can I get a witness? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
GOLD Star
Threads
I'm sure that the 60 section is quite like the 80 section in as much as you get bone head noobs asking for purchase advice. So here goes....

1984 FJ60

84K miles, dead stock, immaculate condition.

South Nevada garage kept

The ask is 11k

I'm familiar with 80 series but not the 60. I have looked it over and there are no leaks, birfs arent blown out, the air blows FRIGID, and the paint and interior are spotless.

What would be an honest offer?

Are ther any things that are 60 specific that I should check out?

I'm going to look at it again today and drive it, so I will get some pics then.

Thanks,
Dave

Aren't you another convert from FSJs? After my experience with FSJs, I told myself I would never own another non-EFI vehicle. That's why started looking at this forum - figuring I would get an 80-series. That being said I just bought an 87 FJ60 (i.e. carbed and not running). Just making sure you remember your roots. These 60s are still worlds ahead of FSJs, but I get the impression they are a lot more quirky than your 80.

The price may be right (I hope it is pristine for that price), but the bigger question is do you want to pay $11K for a 23 year old carbed vehicle? (I paid $1200 thinking I can get rid of it when it pisses me off!) Personally, after the FSJ experience, I wouldn't put that much money into a 60. I'd lean toward a 62 - even with the square headlights. But that's just me. Of course, I think your always ahead buying a nicer vehicle from the outset.

The other things is that's a lot of money for a vehicle that will never be as capable as the one you already have (oops - that will piss off a lot of folks here!)

There, I answered questions you didn't ask and didn't answer the one you did.

Other FSJ owners on the board?! There might be a lynching sometime soon. Glad I wont be alone.
Anyhow, rust is the primary issue that I know of. Check the frame, fenderwells, everything. Kinda like the FSJ's.
My FJ62 was from S Nevada too, and there is NO rust anywhere. Paid $3200 with a strong 136k on the clock, bone stock, and in excellent condition with everything working except the bulb behind the heater instrument cluster :)rolleyes: ). Check to see if the gas tank was replaced under recall, and realize that the FJ60 has taller gears, is carbed, and is a stick.
I dont know if 11k is reasonable, but it all depends on what you plan to do with it. On the plus side these rigs are built to last forever (if rust doesnt set in), and the depreciation has ended. Simple to work on too.
WE WANT PICS!

I guess now we know what the dirty little secret is . . .get a rope

Guilty as charged.
P1301930.jpg

Enough thread hijacking...:D
Back to the thread...

Yep, I was a FSJ guy.......

95913c1e.jpg

parden my noob ness but i learn an new acronim every day im guessing F-ing stupid Heep guy? is the translation?

100_1075.jpg

100_1076.jpg

100_1077.jpg

100_1078.jpg

100_1081.jpg

100_1084.jpg

100_1082.jpg

100_1087.jpg

100_1086.jpg

100_1091.jpg

100_1090.jpg

100_1089.jpg

100_1088.jpg

Full Sized Jeep.

As for 'quirkiness' of an FJ60... nope. They are dead simple and relaiable. My FZJ80 is quirky compared to my old FJ60.

I think the price is fair if the condition and originality are as you say.

Mike

parden my noob ness but i learn an new acronim every day im guessing F-ing stupid Heep guy? is the translation?

I'll excuse your ignorance:flipoff2:

Full Size Jeep

Get it and take care of it as well as they did. It will hold it's value.

We're going to pass. I was actually looking at it for a friend to purchase and he won't do 11 and there is no OBO as the ad would lead you to believe.

I have NO afilliation with the seller so if you are interested the area code is 928.

That looks almost identical to mine, 'cept I paid $2500 for it...

I think you get to deduct 1500 for the fish on the back :lol:

seriously its a nice looking 60. But 11K is quite high. But I did pay 10k canadian for my 60, but thats canuck dollars and it was a BJ, albeit with some rust.

From those photos I'd had guessed around $8k...maybe $8500 tops.
VERY nice though!

That sure is clean. I just wonder if it is $5000 better than say a $6000 FJ60 that has 140K miles. It seems like the ultra low mileage is creating an ultra high price. With these things that go for 300K plus miles, 40 or 50K here or there isn't a big deal to me.

Not to mention, there seem to be some small cosmetic issues (crack in the console, carpet issues). For 11K, I would think it should be darn near perfect. Of course, you can pretty much eat off that angine compartment!

Holes in the console & duct tape on the air intake don't make my definition of pristine. It would help to know if it sat for lengthy periods. If so, not so good.

I paid $3500 for my '84 with 124K mi, 4.11s, 33x12.5s, & rust around the rear wheel wells.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom