Suspension Help! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4x4xcolombia.com
Well i definitely got the money, (or at least most of it) to buy the suspension for my FJ70. I have decided im going to import it myself and not buy it here because they are MAAD expensive if purchaced locally... this is where everyone comes in!

I need feedback on what to get, i have read that the dobinsons are awsome, and since i am importing i dont really care about where i can get it and where i cant (obviously price is a factor, im a college student).

I would like to look at kits for my car on Old Man Emu, Dobinsons, and Ironman. Lemme know what everyone is running, what they think, what they would get and if the more expensive one is worth the difference in price!

Also, where have you seen the kits for the 70 series... preferibly in the US. i need to get the parts right the first time!

Gimme some love! :cheers:

If you are importing, you want to be doing it from Australia. All the kits are built or assembled there.

I have experience with the following...

1)OME, the original one. Far and away the best of the bunch and about double the cost.
2)Dakar, Nearly as good. the leafs are now made ot ARBs design at Belton in Malasia.
3)Belton/ Off road Australia. Made in Malasia Pretty good, the leafs have no pads between them.
4)Carol Springs/ Firefox. I don't know where they are made. Similar to Belton.
5)Ironman. Similar to the above two.
6)Dobinson I have no direct experience with.

Price will be between $600 and $1200 Plus shipping depending on what you choose.

Do the Dakars have the pads between the leaves? If it is the design of OME then I would expect so, but a guy never knows. And when you say pads, I am assuming you mean antifriction pads. Is this right?

-kevin

Nice suggestion... so do you have any australian sites i can buy off of? I think i am leaning toward OME... but i would like some more feedback. Pads between the leaves seem to be pretty important to me, but then again... im sort of a rookie on all this!

i would check out Dobinson...Glen is a good guy that knows his stuff.
OME is way over rated...

Last edited:
Nice suggestion... so do you have any australian sites i can buy off of? I think i am leaning toward OME... but i would like some more feedback. Pads between the leaves seem to be pretty important to me, but then again... im sort of a rookie on all this!

prices for OME are not too bad here (US site) http://www.man-a-fre.com

They dont list 70 specific parts, but the front are part CS006 and rear are CS017

US price
front 119.00
rear 145.00

The dakar does have pads.

I have been talking to Dobinsons via email, and considering i have to import anyway... it could be interesting. What kit is there that would work for the 70 off the dobinsons? is there any site that gives you specific 70 series OME's? i wanna compare prices shipped to the us or even better to Colombia, South America.

The only lift kit I have had so far is Belton. The one thing I will say about it is that it is very durable. I beat the crap out of mine for 3 years and it held up as good or better then you could expect. The downside was the ride. As rough as it gets, but then again, Cruisers weren't made for comfort, or highways IMO. I'll let you know how the OME works out in a couple of years.

That's some sig line material right there.

ouch, the batteries in the remote keyboard must have been on the way out..yah that's it

whats everyones reactions to the brands i mentioned above... i should have done a poll... for the 70 series, and specifically my shorter wheelbase FJ70, what would you recomend to go with?

Here's another question, will the stuff off of the FJ60/62 series work on the 70 series??? obviously looking for suspension kits for a car that was never in the US, in the US, is not the easiest...

Can anyone provide me with the exact references of Old Man Emu suspension kits (shocks, leaf springs, bushings, etc) that i need for my FJ70. If anyone has bought them before, please help me out, i dont want to buy something and ship it half way around the world and have it not fit!

What is different about the rear pins on a 70? I just ordered some parts so I may have to change my order...

The shoulder is bigger on the 70 series rear. The front ones will fit but they'll move around and screw up the hangers eventially.

The shoulder is bigger on the 70 series rear. The front ones will fit but they'll move around and screw up the hangers eventially.

Please clarify.

The way I understand it the rears are the same as a 60, but the fronts are specific to the 70?

In searching around a bit I found that SOR offers a pin that is specific to the FRONT of a 70, but not a specific part for the rear.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom