FJ62 4.11's in a FJ0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My question is can you, put 4.11's from a 62 into a 60? If so is there any trouble using a used set? Either way does any one have a lead on a set new or used? I've seen one new set in the Market place from JT outfitters for 279 a pair. It said house brand are they any good?

Thanks B

Last edited:
you might have to re drill the flange but they will bolt in no problem

85 and up all flanges are the same, before 85 then grab the flanges off the 60 3rds and swap them onto the 62 3rds. Worth about $200ish each, maybe $300 if really nice. Put the used rear in your ft and used ft in your rear.

My question is can you, put 4.11's from a 62 into a 60? If so is there any trouble using a used set? Either way does any one have a lead on a set new or used? I've seen one new set in the Market place from JT outfitters for 279 a pair. It said house brand are they any good?

Thanks B

Are you talking 3rd members or just r+p? Not worth swapping r+p unless you cant find good 62 used. No problem at all on swap of r+p, jsut like leggos, it all works

find two fronts...

if you can...find two fronts, they will have been used less (typically). I got mine from cruiserparts.net. Needed some cleaning up, but decent quality 3rds.

They're undoubtedly talking R&P, which gets you about 1/3 of the way there on changing the gears. You also need bearings & to have them set up. If you haven't done it before, don't try. The special tools are the easy part of the requirements.

Used 62 front 3rds would be the hot setup like CardBoy said. It'll still be a job because you have to pull your axles, but at least there's no setting up lash & preload, etc.

Yes I'm talking just the r&P and I have a 10/83 FJ60. So I just need t o find a good set of fronts from any year FJ62 and they will fit? I plan On having someone set them up while rebuilding the front end.

Thanks Again B

If you get full 3rd members they won't require any setting up. You only have to set lash and preload if you do just the gears.

A quick $0.02...
Research cruiserparts.net or Cruiser Outfitters for these parts. I wouldn't recommend using JT Outfitters. I've not had very good luck with them, and the same seems to be true for most Mudders that have dealt with them.
I expect you'll really like the 4.11 diffs in your rig. Best of luck!

So if your putting thirds from a 62 into a 60, do you have to pull the axles to install them? I kinda was led to believe it was a "bolt on" deal..

Yes you have to pull the axle shafts whether doing front or rear. It is a "bolt-on" deal because you simply remove the differentials with the 3.70's and install the differentials with the 4.11's, even though you have to take apart a bunch of stuff to do it. It's bolt-on because you're not having to do any custom or fab work to install the diffs.

Thanks...don't mind some bolt turning...I see why youmight as well rebuild the whole thing while your at it. I think I'll save some coins and do locker and gearing ..sometime down the road

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom