Toyota Mechanic Aux Fuel Tank Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.floridarifleshooting
Hi all,

Im looking for someone in the S Florida area that has experience in mounting an auxillary fuel tank. This is for a 1990 Toyota Ext cab PU 22RE. I know where to get the Aux Tank, now I am wondering how much labor cost it will take to get it done. I have no welding skills, and no tools to do this work myself.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi all,

Im looking for someone in the S Florida area that has experience in mounting an auxillary fuel tank. This is for a 1990 Toyota Ext cab PU 22RE. I know where to get the Aux Tank, now I am wondering how much labor cost it will take to get it done. I have no welding skills, and no tools to do this work myself.

Thanks,

Mark

Are you installing the Northwest Metal Products tank? If so, no welding, just drilling.

Hmmm welding + gas tank = bad idea. Brackets + bolts = your non flamable friend.

If a NWMP tank, I've installed, or help install, five of them. They are very easy. I did three of them by myself (4Runner, xcab, LC), and helped buddies with the other two (both 4Runners). If you can read, and handle a drill, you have it made. My only suggestion is get new drill bits before you start.

I have a question for the group.

What difference is there between the 4Runner and Pickup NWMP aux tank. I would like to have more than 13 gallons, but the 4Runner has a 22 gallon variant.

Does anyone make a replacement high capacity fuel tank for Toyota Pickup Trucks?

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:
The 14 gallon NWMP tank is in addition to what you already have, not in replacement of. I have a 17 gallon factory tank, plus the 14 gallon NWMP tank. I don't know if the 22 gallon 4Runner tank will fit on trucks. Call them.

Pappy,

Thanks for the headsup. My question was, is there anyone that makes a larger replacement tank. I know NWMP is an aux tank. NWMP for some reason has a 25 gallon 84-85 tank for Toyota PU.

Thanks,

Mark

On the 'Runnr it would be a serious hangy-down part. Probably is on a truck too, but it seems like 'Rnnrs have this problem more often & for reasons I don't yet understand.

Is that avatar F-Class or Position?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom