$Runner power window wiring mod, help please. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ok, mods, i am going to try and reach out farther on this one. first it really doesn't matter what model truck this is going into, all i really need is a wiring schematic. and so far, I havent been able to figure one out.
so I am going to make a few posts in the TLC sections, and link it to here. so please dont delete them.

Wavin.
Normally i wouldn't F with this, but since the PO removed the pass side switch and compltletly disassembled the drivers switch, and used those awful tweeker connectors for some of the existing wires, grounded wires that he shouldnt have, and charged ground wires, I am left with a giant mistake.

So now in order to get my window to go up and down, I just hot wire it directly at the motor connector.

I was thinking about this, how to first draw up a wire scematic, to use a total of four relays, and two up only switches, and two down only switches.
or use a double throw double pull switch. but with that one i dont know if I can run two circuts thru it with out them closing on one another.

has anyone drawn up a scematatic for this?

It is not nessicary for me to be able to operate the passenger window from my door. I can lean over and operate it.

Last edited:
oh, and ealier today as i was figuring a diagram, i cant see the possibility of wiring a relay for each function to the motor, cause the polarities change. unless i use ummm ( one of those things that go inline that restrict current to flow only one direction ) a transistor?

anyways, another possible idea i had was to wire the relay in a fashion that wasn't normal. like hooking the 30 and 86 terminals together and switching the ground on and off. but on paper and in my head, i cant figure the next step.

also, does any one know of a site that will give me detailed diagrams of how a double throw double throw switch works? i could base my ideas off of this.

google helps sometimes, but for fawks sake, there is just so much irrealavent data.

:cheers:

ok, mods, i am going to try and reach out farther on this one. first it really doesn't matter what model truck this is going into, all i really need is a wiring schematic. and so far, I havent been able to figure one out.
so I am going to make a few posts in the TLC sections, and link it to here. so please dont delete them. :D

i think i figured it out.

powerwindowdrawing.jpg

Here's a pic that might help. From http://4x4mods.com/.

unless i use ummm ( one of those things that go inline that restrict current to flow only one direction ) a transistor?

Diodes ;)

I'm using this switch right now to operate a fuel solenoid. The switch is used to reverse polarity. The diodes allow this. I suspect your window function might work in a similar way, but not sure. HTH.
dpdt 4x4 mods dash swithc.jpg

You might post this in the 80 series section, as we have a similar set up for the power windows, and there are some smart people over there.....not me though...

Here's a pic that might help. From http://4x4mods.com/.

Diodes ;)

I'm using this switch right now to operate a fuel solenoid. The switch is used to reverse polarity. The diodes allow this. I suspect your window function might work in a similar way, but not sure. HTH.

Aaahhhhhh jeep warning! :flipoff2:

thats the kind of switch i thot i needed, but untill i made that complicated drawing.

but that DPDT w/dioes migfht work, too. but that scematic the give in that image confuse me.

is it common to see a DPDT switch w/relays? or is that one special?
thanks guys.

I have my rear window wired up with a DPDT switch, bought it at radio shack.

No relays, Just one 25 amp circuit breaker between the suply on the switch and the battery. Now my front windows are giving trouble so I am abotu to re wire them the same way.

thing keep going like they are the only part of th stock wiring harnes I am going to have left will be the turn signals and headlights.

this must be the way all DPDT switches are.

looks like this switch alone would operate the motor.

reverse.gif
That is essentially how the stock switches work. Search out Mike Carter's Relay mod. My recallect is that he has an easy to understand diagram of the whole shebang.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom