dual battery tray and wireing (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.auburn.edu
I am looking at useing dual batterys. I searched for a while and could not find what I wanted. Can you make you own dual battery tray fit in the stock location. 2ND question How do you wire two batteries so that you don't change from 12V to 24V.

Also I think poser is looking for dual tray for his 40 also.

I made one(stock tray made bigger) for the stock location, I used 2x 1200 Odysey batteries and a Wrangler PP dual bat set up

111024857.jpg

35435845.jpg

Do you know if you can use something cheaper or another wireing set up than a Wrangler PP dual bat set up. Last time I checked it was going to cost alot.
111024857.jpg

You might try asking on the diesel form. Most of the BJ40-42's have 24V dual battery set-ups. You may be able to find used parts to mount them.

Go buy this one. http://www.stainlesstrays.com/ I just got one last week and it is pimp. Even has an fj40 stamped/etched in the bottom. It is all s.s. and mounts perfectly in the stock location. But you have to run Optima's, which wouldn't be a bad thing if you are going dual battery. As far as wiring it up, I haven't got that far yet. Just running single until I rewire the whole cruiser.

Jeremy

thats a great option, I had asked him to make one for me but I didn't want to wait and I didn't want to move anything around. So I made my own, didn't have to move anything(already tight fit) and am very happy with my set up.

I use the Wrangler stuff in 3 or so of my Cruisers, simple and not to spendy

Go buy this one. http://www.stainlesstrays.com/ I just got one last week and it is pimp. Even has an fj40 stamped/etched in the bottom. It is all s.s. and mounts perfectly in the stock location. But you have to run Optima's, which wouldn't be a bad thing if you are going dual battery. As far as wiring it up, I haven't got that far yet. Just running single until I rewire the whole cruiser.

Jeremy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom