Not any wheeling pics but a couple from the top of the mountain at the Cove - Gore VA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just went out to the Cove in Gore, VA for the weekend. I though it was a pretty nice campground. I ran into James Asti out there training Marines how to drive offroad. Apparently 4X4 Connection has moved online and his new venture is BCDS (Back Country Driving School). He's training with mildly lifted Fj60s and old 4runners.
Otherwise, for those who have yet to go there, there is camping, a shooting range, wheeling trails (I only subjected Natalie's 4runner to some really mild stuff) but there is ,I'm told, some pretty crazy stuff out there..... Anyone know? There are also lots of lakes and ponds to fish in and it seems that pretty much anything goes there. there are lots of wasted people driving like mad in the middle of the night..... :cheers:

So no real wheeling pics, but a couple from at the top of the mountain. Getting there was basically fireroads with some decent sized rocks to drive over/around.

Maybe we could have a future club event here....

Last edited:
That there are. Pics are coming as I try to figure out how to resize them. I'm on photobucket right now.

Pics
TheCove009.jpg
TheCove008.jpg
TheCove007.jpg

attachment.php

"But honey, just stand here for one second, and I'll get a great shot of you and the truck!"

"F--K YOU, I'm cold, let's go."

:lol:

:flipoff2:

Could you tell if all of the trails are accessible? They used to open the trails for Big Dogs events only.

Could you tell if all of the trails are accessible? They used to open the trails for Big Dogs events only.

That I am not sure. I believe we would have to arrange for the trails to be open. I believe we need to accept liability adn prove our insurance. I'll follow up soon to find out.

And, s***, it wasn't that cold at all........ If you guys really want to see the naked streaking pictures, you should have just said so!

Gore would be a great local place if we can get access to the trails. They have a wide range of trails from easy to extreme so it would be great for a CCLC trip.

I'll follow up in the next couple of days and get some info.

And, s***, it wasn't that cold at all........ If you guys really want to see the naked streaking pictures, you should have just said so!

I've met Natalie, and she is a very pleasant and kind young lady. As such, I will refrain from such requests.

I'll pm you shortly.

I've met Natalie, and she is a very pleasant and kind young lady. As such, I will refrain from such requests.

I'll pm you shortly.

The "did anyone notice" miniature message..... :eek:

Totally missed it.....

PM me too!

Here are a few pics from Gore.

First pic from 2 years ago.

Then a little issue at last year's ice-breaker. Got lucky, I just busted the tail-light and small dent on the rear fender and bumper.

It was not an extreme trail, just off-camber and the rock I was on broke loose.

No broken glass.

There were a few stock Rubicon's in the group, one other Toyota with a mild lift, and 3 Land Rover D-90's from the northern VA area.
Gore.jpg
Gore 2.jpg
Gore 3.jpg

3 more pics. The camping was excellent last April. Kids had a blast.

There some roudy folks but nothing too bad, we had a quiet site.
big-dogs 1.jpg
Gore 5.jpg

Gore 4.jpg

Great pictures! They look like two very happy kids.....how cool to go 'wheelin with Dad!

Great pics. I have slacked on calling them up to organize an event. Its amazing that was the only damage after seeing the pic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom