Shortening cab? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 95 pickup and love my truck. One thing I would like to do though is take 3-6in off the ext cab. Has anyone ever seen a truck with the rear of the cab chopped then welded back on shorter? I'm kinda basing is off the whole original body style ext cab where it was much smaller.

The point of the idea is that there isnt enough room in a regular cab for my lanky 6'4" ass.

i have never heard of such a thing. seems like a project that is counter productive. i wouldnt do it.
its not like there is any benifit, that i can foresee that would come of this.

i would have said swap on a regular cab, but i understand if your 6'4, it wont be all that comfortable.

I bobbed the bed. I just think the later model ext cabs look awkwardly long.

now this truck has an awkwardly long cab.
69crew.jpg

lol touche but allow for me to whip up a photochop of my idea...

Bah I gotta get a dead on side pic of my truck tomorrow and I'll do it...

Last edited:
Just put a 84-88 xtra cab on it? Good luck finin one...:D

Beginning this week I am going to atempt to remove the bed on an 85 pickup and begin a frame up build for a MOAB qualified rig, anyone outhere have frame or cage plans they are willing to sell trade or whatever. Cab is standard, At this point I see no reason to attempt an extended version, just asking for help from the forum. thanks. Currently own a 77 FJ40, so and have owned it since October 1976. Thanks in advance for any info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom