Hobart Handler 187 20% off??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HELL YES!
the cheapest Ive seen that for is 600 bucks!
JUMP brother...for godsakes JUMP!

Post up how you like it too, cuz its the one Im lookin at!:D

Chicago

I pulled the trigger....

679 less 20%

543 + 33 tax + 35 shipping

So....new hobart $612

Haven't used the Hobart 187, I am looking at the Lincoln 180C on ebay for $712 w/free shipping. What do you guys think, is this machine worth an extra $100.

I used the Lincoln for my SOA, and I really liked it...
As far as I can gather, they all weld pretty much the same...
The biggest difference I can find is in the warrenty...The Miller/ Hobart warrenty is superior to the Lincoln in that they wont try to fu*k you if you have problems.
The miller seems to use better componentry as well.
Just what Ive heard!
Im still in the market for a MIG...
Im probably gonna go with the Hobart 187 from NorthernTool. 659 with shipping included, and 12 mos no interest financing...Gotta pay my plasma TV off and im all over it!:D

Chicago

Just an update on the install. I bought 50 ft of 10-2 wire ($37), a box, a NEMA 6-50 receptacle ($22), and a new circuit breaker ($15). My buddy and I snaked the wire last night out to the garage, and brought it through the sub-panel. I need to buy a steak and get his father over to finish the job as he has run 230 a number of times and I want him to spot everything again. The steak is for his dad.

So...that 20% off at sears is nice...cause running the electricity out to the garage there does add up.

Damn excited to weld the snot out of something....

Just an update on the install. I bought 50 ft of 10-2 wire ($37), a box, a NEMA 6-50 receptacle ($22), and a new circuit breaker ($15). My buddy and I snaked the wire last night out to the garage, and brought it through the sub-panel. I need to buy a steak and get his father over to finish the job as he has run 230 a number of times and I want him to spot everything again. The steak is for his dad.

So...that 20% off at sears is nice...cause running the electricity out to the garage there does add up.

Damn excited to weld the snot out of something....

Id be buying a steak for myself as well with that deal...;)
Post up how you like the machine...
2badjfs said they CAN be finicky about the type of wire you run through it...Keep that in mind. I think he said that the Lincoln wire is what his machine runs best off of.
I cant wait to buy a 220 mig...
Im learning to use a lincoln stick machine and I really MISS the wire feed, as my stick welding has a lot to be desired!

Chicago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom