Body replacements for bj70 ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What other body types or years will mount up to a 85 bj70?
Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

What do you mean....like putting a 40 series body on it?

Newer older 70s, 71up
I am looking into getting a BJ70 from Canada and I do not want to worry about the rust on it so I will see what G&S have in the way of a body replacement from Japan left over from one of their parted out 7*

Newer older 70s, 71up
I am looking into getting a BJ70 from Canada and I do not want to worry about the rust on it so I will see what G&S have in the way of a body replacement from Japan left over from one of their parted out 7*

I think any 70 series body that had leafs spring all round will fit which would mean 84-98+
If you got a post 90 model you could get one thats 1HZ ready;)

I have a HZJ75 series partial cab that I was going to build up - but don't have the time now. I have the roof (dented), rear window section, and back half of the lower cab. I was going to buy a 70 series frame and do some cutting and welding to make it into a pickup. I just would have needed the front part of the cab, windshield frame, and thats about it.

Other than that I could get you an HZJ79 frame and cab, but they are pretty expensive now as they are still a fairly new truck.

Regards,

There is a local importer that had an 85 BJ 70 up for sale (legally imported but now sold) and that had gotten me into the 7* . I live in SoCal so having the help from this importer would have been very useful processing the paper work but talking to him this morning it does not look like it is going to happen any time soon if ever. That was why I was asking. Just incase this importer was willing to work with me on this. I would still like to here from any one about this and I am looking at other posts so as to learn more about the deferent 7* models. Thanks for all info and I have been looking at your different web sites with your Japanese imports for sale (I can not stop drooling) . Back to reading the post about importing. I might find some way to get one after all. I have not givin up just a set back. Thanks again, Brian

Who sells body panels for BJ70, whether it be in NA or elsewhere? I know G&S does from time to time, but they are currently out. I have looked but seem to come up empty. I am in need of some rear quarter panels. I'd pay for shipping from abroad if they were nice too.

would the 71s that G&S have fit on you 70?

would the 71s that G&S have fit on you 70?

Nope, it's too long. Unless, you cut them. Besides, he sold them a while back. :(

thats sucks! I just looked and he still had them listed thats why I asked.

ummm, 71 and 70 share the same sheet metal...73/74 are longer at the back...

i might have a complete 70 series tub coming up forsale.

Thanks for the clarification. Not sure what the differences are between a 70 and 71. I thought the 71 was longer like the 73/74.

As far as the tub, that would be great! I'll PM you.

PM recieved

the only real difference between the 70 and the 71 is the engine.

BTW, i forgot to mention that the tub goes up for sale when i score the ragtop i am looking for...

What, you're looking for another ragtop? Are you trying to get all of em?

-kevin

nah, the one in Silvian lake got rolled or so i heard, the red one got sold, the white one is too nice to wheel...

so i need a rougher one to do a drivetrain swap...i had my hands on one last week but decided i didn't want to wait till nov to bring it in...

i hate sitting in a steel box when off roading...

nah, i would just walk up to your door and ask you to go for coffee...

ever since i pulled the rag top back out of storage i have been having bad, bad ideas...
i might have to retire the PZJ70 and build up the BJ70...it sucks to have a truck too nice to play with but not have the balls to actually build it up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom