FJ55 4" leaf springs (where to find them) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just bought a 70 FJ55 and I am in need of new leaf springs, I have called all the usual suspects and they have all stopped selling the 4" springs. I wonder if any of you guys know who may have them available.

Rafa

Welcome.

Probably will need to have them made....

If you want anything more then 2 1/2" lift...I'm afraid you will have to go ALCAN (custom).
Read the fine print, all springs listed below achieve 4" lift from extended shackles.

JT outfiters 336-591-1108
5 leaf 2.5" lift 55 springs - Mckoy
$150 each

MAF 805-578-8712

8 leaf 2.5" lift 55 springs - safari
$125 each

TPI4x4 sales 615-826-8853 / tech 615-826-8854
no longer offer 55 lift springs?

CCOT 972-463-0556 ?
no 55 lift springs

SOR (818)882-1238
rear 55 2 1/2" lift springs (reportedly made by ironman)
2.5" $210 each

rough contry springs / www.rockymountainsusp.com
1-800-521-4908
8 leaf 2.5" lift 55 springs - same as MAF
$157 each

ALL posted prices may vary...
hth,
manny

X2 on Alcan, you will get a 4" lift with them...probably more if you ask for 4" I had probably 4.5" to 5" of lift on mine unloaded. You can get any height/weight rating, length etc. I would order 1.5" longer on the shackle side to improve shackle angles. And be conservative on your weight...because it will sit at 4" AFTER you have loaded it down.

Pig in front 4+" Alcan Lift, back pig 4" Safari (Man-a-fre)

110-1064_IMG.jpg

No luck yet

Thanks guys for the links, I called every one and well they just don't carry any of them. I did find a local place in El Monte CA. that does custom leafsprings or maybe I should concentrate on other fixes untill they get some more springs back in stock. My 70 FJ55 does not stop very well, and well I will be doing a rear disk break conversion and some other alterations like putting some wood floors and fiber glass body work. I will be posting pics as soon as I get some the time to work on that. Thanks

Rafa

Thanks guys for the links, I called every one and well they just don't carry any of them. I did find a local place in El Monte CA. that does custom leafsprings or maybe I should concentrate on other fixes untill they get some more springs back in stock. My 70 FJ55 does not stop very well, and well I will be doing a rear disk break conversion and some other alterations like putting some wood floors and fiber glass body work. I will be posting pics as soon as I get some the time to work on that. Thanks

Rafa

Guaranteed that Alcan will make you some.

http://alcanspring.com/

Besides, who needs floors or to stop? LIFT LIFT :grinpimp:

X2 on Alcan, you will get a 4" lift with them...probably more if you ask for 4" I had probably 4.5" to 5" of lift on mine unloaded. You can get any height/weight rating, length etc. I would order 1.5" longer on the shackle side to improve shackle angles. And be conservative on your weight...because it will sit at 4" AFTER you have loaded it down.

Pig in front 4+" Alcan Lift, back pig 4" Safari (Man-a-fre)

110-1064_IMG.jpg

Also: Pig in front on 35's, Little Piggy on 33's...

The other nice thing about custom springs, is that they're custom :D

Want to improve your shackle angles?
Have them made a few inches longer.

Want to move your axles an INCH or TWO?
Specify a custom pin location.

Can anyone think of other features that someone should consider (before they order)?

no affiliation,
manny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom