Alright Slee.....what about those front Billies? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
OK....you've posted that you've put these on 100's up there in CO. What's the deal?

Cost?

Ride?

My plan would be to keep my OME rear N74L and add front Bilsteins. Any issue with that?

Do the fronts cut down on the soft "dive" when dropping off ledges and big rocks (vs OME)?

Out with it dude! :D
(No "info at CM" stuff")

Sorry couldn't help that!
How much extra do OME 133's give you on the front, the OME standard 101's also give you .6" on the rear, I never measured the front?

Sorry couldn't help that!
How much extra do OME 133's give you on the front, the OME standard 101's also give you .6" on the rear, I never measured the front?

If I remember back to 2001 when I lifted mine....the OME 100 shocks front and rear didn't add any travel over stock. Just compensated for lift.

My measurements of the rear original shocks versus the OME 101's show 15mm or 0.6"more travel, I have searched the forum and some folks have said 1 " more than standard. (I disagree, however 1" may be measured at the wheel?)

Back to the fronts, I don't have original measurements for them but some folks here have said the 133's are also 1" more travel than original?

I would really like to know the original specs of the OEM,(I can probably find my old ones in the shed somewhere) versus the OME 133, versus the Bilsteins. Then I would like to see some real measurements of actual travel on a vehicle with all of the above and see what actually limits or controls the travel, even though the shocks are different.

My measurements of the rear original shocks versus the OME 101's show 15mm or 0.6"more travel, I have searched the forum and some folks have said 1 " more than standard. (I disagree, however 1" may be measured at the wheel?)

Back to the fronts, I don't have original measurements for them but some folks here have said the 133's are also 1" more travel than original?

I would really like to know the original specs of the OEM,(I can probably find my old ones in the shed somewhere) versus the OME 133, versus the Bilsteins. Then I would like to see some real measurements of actual travel on a vehicle with all of the above and see what actually limits or controls the travel, even though the shocks are different.

Front is 7.5" travel with either shock.

Last edited:
OK....you've posted that you've put these on 100's up there in CO. What's the deal?

Cost?

Ride?

My plan would be to keep my OME rear N74L and add front Bilsteins. Any issue with that?

Do the fronts cut down on the soft "dive" when dropping off ledges and big rocks (vs OME)?

Out with it dude! :D
(No "info at CM" stuff")

Nope, OME and Bilstein wont work, what will happen is the better controlled end will feel like it isnt moving, and it will transfer movement to the not so controlled end, feeling worse than before you changed them.

But Bilstein do prevent nose "dive, compared to factory/ OME etc.

Also, better controlled movement will make the vehicle more responsive, where you want it, and be able to carry more speed/momentum where yo need it, over a goofy truck with lots of travel, and no control.

Nope, OME and Bilstein wont work....

OK next question Darren,
Could you please help out with the following
Without changing the front end out, what recommendations can u make on shocks for the standard OEM setup or the heavier OME torsion bar setup?

Darren: How are you coming along with the upper A-arm design for the 100?

ATS,
Can you explain the "fox" package, I have seen you mention it here several times. I have been learning about the Bilsteins and there storied reliability, but have never heard of the suspension that you mention.
Another quick question, I asked in another thread, I think youmay have answered it but I forgot to subscribe so I never say the answer. with a 2.5 lift, what bilstein suspension would you use. I am guessing now that you would not use a bilstein, but a FOX package instead. Always curious? Thanks

We are worj
king on a Fox package with front coil over, x brace, and extra long rear shocks currently, which would be great for the bigger heavier of driven hard truck, but the Bilsteins we use work extremely well for road use, and extra long for off road, and the ride is transformed for most peoples use, the FOX set up will be for those who like to go harder, more than just tour .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom