What rides better on road? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Slees castor plates or man-a-fre's drop brackets? I'm putting together my own "J" lift and want some opinions. I'd like to think I could wheel more than I actually do, but time just isn't there. I will wheel the truck, but most of it's duties are on road at this time. I'm not concerned with the front drop brackets being "in the way". I'm really just wondering if one rides better or offers better caster correction in any way. Thanks!

For on road driving, logic would say that the drop brackets will ride better. I'm running 4" of lift with the caster plates and it tracks very straight.

Drop brackets give the closest to stock performance.

I've had no issues with mine off-roading, and you can search for some of my picture posts, I'm not the most hard core, but I'm no pansy either.

Thats all good info. Thanks! Kinda what I figured, but my logic isn't always spot on. The fronts don't look too dangly, but the rears sure look intrusive. Will longer lower rear arms accomplish similar results?

Thats all good info. Thanks! Kinda what I figured, but my logic isn't always spot on. The fronts don't look too dangly, but the rears sure look intrusive. Will longer lower rear arms accomplish similar results?

If you're just doing J's, you don't have to mess with the rear arms. Just put in an adjustable panhard, or panhard drop bracket. - or, nothing. I've always ment to do one of those two, but have been running a year and 15,000 miles with neither with no ill effects other than one side rubs on stuff more than the other in the rear.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom