Bumperettes & Rear Step Reinstallation? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
When I pulled my bumperettes and rear step many moons ago I didn't take a pic. I'm getting ready to install new bumperettes and my restored step but not sure if the rear step tabs go over or under the inner bumperette tabs. Anyone know correct stock configuration?

[pic of beautiful olive green]

:flipoff2: I am jealous. I need to find something wrong with that. The amby door screws should be painted and the reflectors should have chrome rings. I feel better now. Oh, and it's olive green, not brown, if you're the Heartland guy.

I agree though; step on top.

attachment.php

Last edited:
Late trucks post 78 should not have the trim ring on the reflector. Panel on inside door is actually gun metal grey, non metallic, same color as the roll bar.

Something Wrong

:flipoff2: I am jealous. I need to find something wrong with that. The amby door screws should be painted and the reflectors should have chrome rings. I feel better now. Oh, and it's olive green, not brown, if you're the Heartland guy.

I agree though; step on top.

attachment.php

That's an 83 that was resoted by TLC so blame them for the shiney hardware and the chrome rings dissapeared in 79. Those are correct reflectors for a 79 thru 83. I think the Toyota called this color Olive Brown but I could be wrong as I have been MANY times in the past.

If anyone wants to see more pics of this rig go to - For Sale now at $36,500

http://web.mac.com/gregoverton/iWeb/HLC/About Us.html

Project Smurf headed for MN

Here's a 79 I bought in Nov of last year. It's been a long haul but I finished it up today. Had to reverse a shackel reversal, and many other items that needed attention. Look for it in Minneapolis, that's it's new home.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom