High Power Alternators? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is anyone running one of these? http://www.highoutputalternator.com/PDF/Web PDFs - Denso.pdf

Adding second batt and feel that the alernator now has to recharge twice the system? looking for more amps to help out with winching, stereo, radios, compres, inverter, and lights!!!:D :D

Be aware that these specs are usually measured on a test bench.

All ND alternators use a internal voltage regulator which monitors case temp, and once the alt is installed in the vehicle the case get very hot and the regulator limit the current to the rotor to protect the rectifier diodes, so in the real life this specs get quite down.:crybaby:

My 170 amp alternator is a larger size ND with bigger rectifier plate, bigger stator and rotor; this all together allow it to run cooler.

Last edited:
Would like to see more info on these alternators:

RABID1 - How much are they asking for these? 120amps at idle, 200amps max looks pretty good.

robmir - Can you provide more details on the alt that you are running? Cost, source, specs, any special install requirements since it's physically larger, etc.

Thanks!

Would like to see more info on these alternators:

RABID1 - How much are they asking for these? 120amps at idle, 200amps max looks pretty good.

robmir - Can you provide more details on the alt that you are running? Cost, source, specs, any special install requirements since it's physically larger, etc.

Thanks!

1) Powermaster # 42280 . Here is the link: 2) You need to source from them the wiring harness adapter to match their 3 pin round to 80 in line connector.

3) Power Master alt came with a serpentine type pulley which should be replaced with a Toyota # 27411-66030 dual belt pulley,but should be machined to fit Powermaster bigger diameter rotor shaft. Any machine shop could do that in a moment.

4) Since replacement alternator is phisically bigger, it will take a little bit more twisting to get it in place but it will fit well. Also stock belts will be a bit harder to install. Belt tensioning bolt range is reduced but I don´t have any complains because it´s still enough to get the right tension.

5) Very important: the output wire must be replaced with a heavier gauge to handle the increased amp capability

After 6 years of high demand, about 6 months ago I had to replace the rectifier plate, but take in mind I carry 3 deep cycle batteries to feed my 65 qts Engel freezer/refrigerator and my inverter when camping, and sometimes I stay at the same place a week so I need to charge them often. Here gas is so cheap that doesn´t make any sense to have a solar panel;p

It would be wise to keep the stock alt in your garage as a back up.:D

Last edited:
High Power Alt's

Mean Green has taken a beating on this site. I have one in my Fj48 and have been very pleased. I was looking for something that will work in the stock brackets and plug in. I will run bigger cable from the power post to the battery. I think they wanted Quotation

Application : 93-97 Toyota Landcruise 4.5L

HO Part Number : 30913A

HO Rating : 170 amp

Our suggested solution to your power needs:

1. Replacement Alternator HO 170 amp Alternator Part # 30913A
Price includes our 1 year hassle free warranty.
Suggested Retail $735 Your Price $649
http://www.highoutputalternator.com/PDF/Web PDFs - Denso.pdf

Our alternator will directly replace the stock alternator, and interface directly to your car’s computer. No need for brackets or messing with the wire harness. The only change you will make is the output from the alternator to the battery. We recommend 4 gauge or larger.

2. Freight DHL Ground alternator approx. $21

DHL Second alternator approx. $50

DHL Overnight alternator approx. $65
:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: $$$$$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom