Man-A-Fre front spring spacers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I bought these spacers
http:///www.man-a-fre.com/pa/80seriescoilspringspacers.htm
and when trying to put them on, the inside diameter is too small, they do not go on the cones all the way up, and also the spirngs do not go ovet the lip either, the diameter of the lip is too large .

I trimmed around the lip, so the springs slide onto it, but the inside diameter seem hard to get to-to trim. Have you guys had this problem. Seems like a pain in the ass, surprised they could not get the diameters right. I have installed them, and they are about 0.5" away from being snug all the way to the top. Drove a couple of days, put grease, nothing, will not move.
Should they slide easily onto the cone? or should they be pressed in with some force?
Thanks in advance
Vadim

Last edited:
Hmmmm. It _sounds_ like they sent you the wrong ones by accident. We have those, and they fit fine. Give Steve a call over there, he'll help out.

Dave

They sent you the right ones I have the same thing and the spacer will slide all the way up once you let the spring compress it self

They sent you the right ones I have the same thing and the spacer will slide all the way up once you let the spring compress it self

weird, have been driving wiht them for few days now, still have not go up yet. I tried using c-clamps to compress them, but they slide back down.

once you start streching the suspension they will go up. I had the same issue

same spacer fit problem

Wow, this site is great. I'm installing the same MAF spacers right now and ran into this same fit question. Spacers won't slide on all the way. Is this really right that they'll slide up further under load? Seems like there's got to be alot of material stretching to make that happen.

Crap, cleared out the garage (1hr job itself) to do this job and run into this issue.

There's a number engraved on the spacers....60753. Anybody know if this is really the right spacer???

Sure enuff

Hold the crap. After reading what you guys said about the spacers sliding up under load I continued the install. And as the springs loaded up the spacers they did start sliding up!

Well, this site is pretty great because without it I would have probably stopped the spacer install, put everything back together and called MAF on Monday just to find out they would slide up. This site saved me a Saturday morning! Thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom